Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2017 10:00

Dell Venue 8 Model 3830 Android Tablet Won't Boot

My Dell Venue 8 model 3830 tablet won't boot into the regular Android desktop. When I initially power it on it will sit at the Dell logo for a while when the logo will begin to pixelate and eventually display two vertical green lines from top to bottom. It eventually reboots on its own and goes into a reboot cycle that does not produce the green lines in the subsequent boots.

I tried going into recovery mode and wiping the cache then using the wipe data/factory reset. Each step took about a half hour and I did let both complete. However I still have the same behavior - first boot takes a long time, I get green lines, then reboot cycle that does not display the green lines. I have no display or other issues with the recovery mode screens.

Any suggestions on how to recover this device?

1 Attachment

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 6th, 2017 06:00

Hi therealfredthompson,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your tablet isn't working as expected.

Please try this:   Try to go into fastboot mode, by holding power and volume down
*make sure you device is unpluged
If that works you can select recovery, then hold volume up and power for a few seconds, and then you should be able to select wipe data.

Here is some information from the Dell Knowledge Base you may find helpful.

December 6th, 2017 09:00

Already did that, but I'm not sure whether it was plugged in the first time or not so I did it again without plugging it in. Same behavior, still boot cycling.

December 7th, 2017 11:00

Is it possible to reload Android from the memory card? I see some postings on other forums on how to do it, but those posts are several years old and for non-Dell hardware.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 11th, 2017 06:00

If you still have warranty on the tablet, I'd suggest contacting Tech Support.  If you don't, we have Out of Warranty Services available for a fee.  Otherwise, you could contact a local computer repair shop for further advice, unless someone here responds.

No Events found!