Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2013 09:00

Dell Venue 8 Order Delay.

I ordered a 64gb version of the Venue 8 pro on the release day, Oct. 18, 2013, with confirmation arriving that same day.  Estimated delivery date was Nov. 4, 2013.  Today is Dec. 4, 2013.  Still no tablet, though the Folio and Stylus arrived on schedule and have been sitting unusable for 4 weeks now.  

Last update received via email was Nov. 12 indicating a delay and that I would get another update in 2 days if it had not shipped by then.  No further status update now for over 4 weeks.  

I find it hard to understand how an order placed on the launch date goes unfulfilled now coming up on 7 weeks later, while the website has been stating (and confirmed by chat earlier this week) that shipping on new orders would be as soon as the next day - and confirming that the item was in stock.  Either the sales team and website are lying, or early orders are being ignored?  

That was almost a week ago, still no other word on the order from Dell.  

3 Posts

December 5th, 2013 06:00

I see on the site now that new orders will take 2 business days to ship rather than the 1 day a week ago.  Meanwhile tomorrow marks 7 weeks for a release day order not shipped.   

3 Posts

December 10th, 2013 09:00

Another week and still no more word on when it might actually arrive.  I did get a call last Friday from Dell, indicating that it was ready, and that they would 'soon' ship it...and would call next Thursday to tell me when it would ship!...not quite sure why a full week needs to pass from having it ready to deciding when to ship it...

Meanwhile I can only wish I had ordered it instead from Microsoft when they had it available - ordered something else there on Sat. evening, it shipped on Sunday and arrived on Tuesday...imagine a company taking orders for something they actually have in stock, and then delivering it when they say that they will...!!!

2 Posts

December 11th, 2013 06:00

I ordered a Venus 8 on Nov 28 (thanksgiving), today, I got email today (12/11) and said my order is delayed and delivery is 12/27 (after Christmas) !!! I may not buy another Dell product.... Even Apple does not delay that much. Communication from Dell is minimum.

2 Posts

December 15th, 2013 19:00

I am having the same problem with my Venue 11. I ordered it on Nov 30, My expected delivery date is 15 January 2014. I was expected to get it in by Christmas as it is a gift for my wife. this is very unusual for Dell because I have always received my orders in less then a week. I ordered the styles for it also and it has a delivery date of 30 Dec. I called Dell customer service to see if there was a delay problem but they could not answer that. I'm just hoping that the dates given are just the worst case scenario and that they will be delivered by Christmas. Is any Body else having the same problem with there Venue order?

19 Posts

December 15th, 2013 20:00

Same problem here with delays for the Venue 11 Pro. I ordered 8th November. I was suppose to get mines December 19th, but its delayed until Xmas eve. I hope they will have them in stock this week, so Dell can finally ship mines. I never had so much problems with a Dell order before. :emotion-9: The mobile keyboard I ordered December 1st was delivered since December 4th. I wish my tablet was processed this quickly.

1 Message

December 23rd, 2013 16:00

Same issue here.  Ordered Nov 27 and not a word from Dell.

I called twice and was told call center was closed during normal business hours on a Friday.  24x7 chat was also CLOSED. Figure that one out.  They sent the keyboard for the Venue 11 I ordered and started the warranty clock then.  Meanwhile the unit was delayed from December 17 to January 13.

I also received a Dell Advantage gift card with my purchase and they said it shipped on order status page. I have not received anything at all.

I also sent 2 emails via the customer care portal to them requesting any information. They state clearly that they will respond in 24-48 hours. To date, after 3 weeks,  not one word.

I am not impressed with Dell's lack of customer service or their lack of responses. It looks to me like since they went private they don't care anymore.

I finally got a rep on chat on December 23 and canceled the order. Also made them send me a call tag to pick up this useless keyboard that did nothing but collect dust and burn up my warranty.

I have purchased Dell computers for YEARS. We are a large family and we all loved Dell until this. Now my son will not be getting the tablet he wanted for Christmas and customer service, or lack of in this case has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth.

I encourage EVERYONE to send Dell a message and cancel your order. Maybe then they will be reminded that customer service and timely delivery are what got them to where they are today and it is still important to their customers.

Goodbye Dell... :emotion-12:

19 Posts

December 28th, 2013 18:00

Dude you’re getting a delay. Monday is the last day I can return the keyboard mobile I bought from Dell site. I am debating whether to return the keyboard and cancel my tablet order, or keep waiting for my tablet. The new estimate for my tablet is the second week of January. :emotion-43:

1 Message

December 28th, 2013 18:00

Dude I'm getting a dell..... someday?  I feel your pain.  I am a long time Dell customer, and I mean thousands of dollars in purchased equipment. I ordered my Venue 11 Pro on November 10, 2014 and was to be delivered December 21st in time for Christmas.  The 21st came and went as well as Christmas.  I got the famous email that there has been a delay and it won't be delivered until January 2, 2014.  I sent an email to customer service, their reply was no change in delivery date.  Well that was until today, now it's changed to January 9, 2014.  Maybe smoking more weed these days and not really giving a  about his loyal customers that continue to purchase from him and his "private" company. 2 months and waiting while my extra battery, dock, keyboard and stylus that I ordered with the Venue 11 sit in their shipping boxes while I contemplate returning all of it. Frustrating!!

No Events found!