Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2012 10:00

Dell Venue Pro - Not getting network in India

Hi

I bought an unlocked Dell Venue Pro from dell.com and sent it to India for my brother.

When he turns the device on, with a sim card in he is not getting any network. He went into Settings --> Cellular.

( I tried few different SIM cards from different carrier, but no luck)

He is getting "No Network Found", he tried to search the network manually but it keeps searching for 10 - 15 minutes and again dont find any network.

Can some one tell me what could be the problem?

In Settings --> About it says Carrier : Generic - US. And it worked fine here in US and I confirmed with them before buying weather it will work in India or not and they confirmed that it will work fine.

But now I am facing this issue. Requesting you to help

Thanks

Vimal

18 Posts

January 25th, 2012 17:00

I think there should not be any issue as its a Generic - US version. As soon as you enter the SIM and switch on the phone it should show you the network.

If its not, ask him to check if he is inserting the SIM correctly. Further in Settings > Cellular see that network selection is Automatic and not Tap to select because otherwise it might not detect a network till you select it.

Never heard of this issue earlier so most likely its that the SIM is not being inserted correctly.

January 26th, 2012 06:00

I asked him to verify the SIM and it seems it's been inserted properly.

18 Posts

January 26th, 2012 18:00

really should not have been an issue. because if it was an locked device it would have said enter PIN. but as it says No Network Found my suggestion would be to recheck the SIM or try a SIM from another company, try different types of SIM like 2G / 3G Sim and if its a low network area better try in an open network where you have full coverage because as DVP has its antenna at the bottom (my understanding) if you cover the bottom part of the phone network reception might be poor.

January 27th, 2012 08:00

he tried 4 - 5 SIM cards from different service providers none of them worked... we get good network when we try it in other device.

1 Message

March 22nd, 2012 22:00

Hi Vimal,

any update? did it work finally in india.. i also bought one in US.. does it work in india?

1 Message

April 12th, 2012 01:00

I am also given order for this phone. Please tell me whether it is working in India? or Does it able to catch 3G network too?

Mano

No Events found!