Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2014 05:00

Dell Venue - system update has bricked my tablet

Hi,

I received notification of a system update for my Dell Venue 8 Pro.  I went ahead with the update, and now my tablet won't go past the Dell boot screen.  

Anyone else having this issue?  My tablet is only a few months old. 

1 Message

May 17th, 2014 09:00

The same thing happened to my Dell "Android" Venue 8.  I tried talking online with Dell support but no one responded to my request for nearly 8 minutes.  I have resorted to calling Dell Support and they have help me resolve the problem

95 Posts

May 18th, 2014 10:00

You posted your question regarding a dell venue 8 pro which is a windows tablet in the android section.  

If you have a pro you should repost your question in the windows forum.  Or maybe you have an android venue 8.  In which case you should remove the word "pro" from the title.  

22 Posts

May 19th, 2014 01:00

That's great Matt S2014 - care to share solution, or at least what Dell did to resolve the issue?

2 Posts

June 30th, 2014 00:00

The tech told me I could send it in or he could walk me through a few things. I finally had to reset my tablet and erase all of my data. I don't think there was a get around if there was he didn't know. It was turn off then turn back on while holding the power button and pushing the volume button either up or down. I just got a new system update that I'm afraid to do. If they have fixed it I don't know.

6 Posts

June 30th, 2014 05:00

I'm in the same boat...  They ended up replacing my main board - of course everything was erased.. I see the update is available again and I'm nervous as well.  Let me know if you tried it or not and whether or not you were successful.

I'm curious - what are the steps to erase all data?  That might be useful in the future.

Tx

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2014 08:00

I really don't think I'll be doing the update too scared. I can't remember everything he told me and I don't want to screw up your tablet. It had to do with the power and volume button it gets you to a screen where you can default to last setting or reboot. Don't do before you talk to a tech still surprised one hasn't try to answer the question

1 Message

July 4th, 2014 10:00

"I'm curious - what are the steps to erase all data?  That might be useful in the future."

- After the last update, my Venue 8 would occasionally lock-up and reboot when I was using older apps. Last night, it locked-up a number of times and then just stopped booting up altogether.  I followed the steps outlined at the following link to boot into the Recovery Menu so I could clear everything and start from scratch:

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/kcs/kcsarticles/articleview?docid=653531

No Events found!