Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2015 22:00

Dell venue pro 11 power issue

Hi support,

I am recently encounter a problem , when the machine come to sleep automatically or press the power button once, the machine failed to wake up. Pressing once, machine vibrate, pressing home, it will vibrate too, but not responding in the next few seconds.

Pressing the power button for the other 3 seconds, it vibrate, i think this is a power on action, but it takes about 20 seconds to shown up the dell logo, compare with 2-3 seconds at before. It will then boot up normally, just cant sleep.

When I go through Device Manager, it show a exclamation mark on intel management engine, showing a error status_device_power_failure. see my screen cap below

I have refresh my machine, can't help

I have run diagnostic test on boot, no problem

i have format and reinstall a new win 8.1, still have problem

installed the latest firmware, bios, drivers shown on the dell support page, no luck.

installed intel management engine provided by intel, not work neither.

Seems this product is not support by my region (HK) yet, I cant find any local support to help me.

Please help. Thanks~~~~

3 Posts

January 8th, 2015 16:00

Tried flashing A12 Bios, seem sleep and wake up well, but proximity sensor / Intel ME failed, 20 secs cold boot still exists

Tried reset by recovering the Dell factory recovery partition, (Another time using other computer to get the activation code).

First few time, seems it can sleep / and even cold boot up normally, but after a long windows update, dell software update, it just failed again .....  (But proximity sensor, intel me still failed)

Look like i have to keep reset it to test what had happened .....

3 Posts

January 11th, 2015 23:00

I had asked the HK Support by call,

He suggested that I have to send the defected item to DELL US support to get repaired by MYSELF,

and hk support said, they are not responsible for that item, and only focus HK business, any item that is out of HK, cilent had to deal itself, although the ownership is transferred to HK.

What a good Support! Just like HK politics....

I had talked to myself for a few days, but no support in US or HK can help me. What a disappointing brand.

No Events found!