Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 30th, 2016 16:00

Need Assistance Disabling Intel Link Power Management

Hi All,

I have a Dell Venue 11Pro 7130v - 8G RAM / Intel Core i5-4300Y with Windows 10. When I first got the system in 2014 I experienced the constant freezing with the disk clocking to 100% about every 10 seconds, lasting for 60 seconds, then eventually backing off, then starting again.

I was able to use the Intel panel app to disable Link Power Management and never had the issues again.

Recently I had to do a system reset and clean install of Windows 10, at which time a good amount of apps/drivers were removed (including that Intel app). As a workaround, I went into the windows power management interface, clicked on PCI express and disabled Link State Power Management. I also went into the Intel Graphics tool and disabled the automatic panel refresh, but I'm stil having the constant disk clocking.

What is the Intel app that manages LPM, and can I procure it manually?

I really don't want to think solving a BSOD with a system refresh put me back two years and forced me to deal with 60 second system freezes every minute :(

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions!

27 Posts

November 30th, 2016 18:00

Solved my own issue - ran the Dell driver updater and it downloaded the management tool. Disabled link pwer management and my system is back to healthy.

No Events found!