Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2014 15:00

Repeat keying

Dell Venue 8 Pro. When using the on-screen keyboard,  occasionally get multiple letters or numbers with only one touch of a key. It's not consistent and doesn't happen all the time but is annoying when it happens. Any advice appreciated.

77 Posts

November 13th, 2014 03:00

I've found that these touchscreen issues (multi-key, erratic scrolling, etc.) happen primarily when the screen is not clean. For example, if dust or other particles accumulate on the screen, it tends to become unreliable. After cleaning the screen with a slightly damp cloth, the touchscreen becomes very reliable again, where multi-key issues no longer occur and scrolling follows your touch precisely.

2 Posts

November 11th, 2014 15:00

I have same issue with Venue 11 Pro.

915 Posts

November 11th, 2014 18:00

Try:  turn off Mouse Keys, if checked to on.

Windows Ease of Access Center - Make the mouse easier to use - make sure "Turn on Mouse Keys" is unchecked.

28 Posts

November 12th, 2014 01:00

Thanks for your suggestion  ...but this setting is already in the off position.

15 Posts

November 12th, 2014 17:00

With Windows 8.1, if you look in the control panel you'll find pen and touch. Open it and and see what your settings are.   You can change/optimize/test your single tap and double tap settings for using either a pen or your finger (touch).

2 Posts

November 12th, 2014 18:00

The pen and touch settings effect the single tap and double tap as mentioned but my problem is with repeated key strokes like holding a key down on a keyboard.  I just tested the key board by placing the stylus on each key and moving it around the boundaries of the key.  I found the e, w, s, z keys were sensitive to this action and would deselect and reselect the key causing an additional character.  So maybe its a hardware issue.

15 Posts

November 13th, 2014 02:00

Regarding the behavior you describe, like holding a key down on the keyboard, I have seen that before with the V8 pro when trying to use a passive stylus with the display keyboard.  I could not figure out how to change that behavior either.  The active stylus designed for the V8pro (Dell's) has never shown that problem for me and I gave up trying to use a passive stylus with it.

28 Posts

November 14th, 2014 08:00

it does seem significantly better with a freshly cleaned screen so thanks for that one. Also  am using a passive pen so that could also be a cause of the problem - thanks for that suggestion as well. I'll mark the clean screen suggestion as answering the question and I'll see how it works out over the coming weeks. Thanks to all who have replied so far.

No Events found!