Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 21st, 2011 16:00

Streak 7 OTA Update

Hi!

I'm from Argentina and last week I bought a Streak 7 in Miami. I came back and was just testing it.

The first thing I wanted to do was updating the ugly froyo (I love it in my cell, but hate it on the big screen) to Honeycomb, however it keeps telling me that there are no updates available. Is there anything I can do?

Isn't OTA available outside US and Europe?

Thanks in advance! :)

172 Posts

December 22nd, 2011 13:00

If the OTA update is not showing an update, you can manually update yourself. Follow the instruction outlined here: streakblog.blogspot.com/.../how-to-update-to-honeycomb-32.html

3 Posts

December 22nd, 2011 13:00

Thanks for the reply!

I've been reading around and it seems that OTA is not available for GLUNB1A133830. I called Dell and since they don't know when it is going to be available for this OEM they recommend the manual update.

I've done it several times with Android, but Android phone so I'm familiar with upgrading from a package on the root of the SD.

When I called in they gave me a direct link for the pkg, which is actually a link for another OEM... :)

Thanks again!

January 18th, 2012 11:00

Hi !

I followed the advise on the link to upgrade my Dell Streak 7 4G to Honeycomb but it semms that device by T-Mobile is not eligible. Could you suggest an altrenate method as my device is from T-Mobile but using with different network in India.

Thank in advance

No Events found!