Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

August 17th, 2010 09:00

Streak LED flash operation

Can anyone describe how the LED flash is supposed to work?   Mine is so feeble that it is essentially useless.  On my previous phone (a Blackberry) - the LED's were so bright that looking into them actually hurt your eyes.  On the Streak they are barely noticable.  Is this normal?  of is my phone defective.   Thanks for any light on this subject (LOL)

370 Posts

August 30th, 2010 21:00

Hi Rkazares,

Once in camera mode, touch the screen to bring up the menu options.

On the right side menu, scroll down until you see Flash option. Turn it on.

When taking a picture, the Streak flash LED stays on while you are firmly pressing down on the camera shutter button or tapping the shutter icon on the screen to take a picture.

Let me know if that helps. PM me some of your pictures taken in dark settings if you feel your Streak flash isn't bright enough.

Thanks,

Amy

7 Posts

September 2nd, 2010 21:00

Emy,

I have exactly the same problem too, the flash light is on, have any idea?

Thank

Tasan

370 Posts

September 7th, 2010 14:00

Hi Tasan,

That is pretty dark. I sent you a Friend Request/DM.

Thanks,

Amy

23 Posts

September 7th, 2010 17:00

Can you take pictures with the shutter button?I can't

7 Posts

September 7th, 2010 20:00

I can't, I dont understand why dell make a button there. I think most streak does not work for that.

23 Posts

September 7th, 2010 21:00

That funny when you start the camera it tells you on the screen to push button to capture

370 Posts

September 8th, 2010 14:00

techrider62,

Yes, I've been able to test this. You have to firmly pressing down on the entire camera shutter button. Your finger has to be over the entire button; otherwise, pressing half of it activates a different function -the auto focus mode.

Here is an excerpt from the Owner's Manual.

Thanks,

Amy

370 Posts

Hello from Rainy Round Rock, TX. :emotion-5:

Are you referring to the O2 2.1 updates? I heard reports of a handful of our customers having some issues with this update. The Streak team is working on some messaging. Is there something specific you had a question about?

Thanks,

Amy

24 Posts

Amy B!!  You really are alive!  Good evening from sunny London.  

So about all the dreadful things your co-workers have been doing to our Streaks. Care to comment?:emotion-8:

24 Posts

September 8th, 2010 15:00

A handful of customers Amy.  Come on - PLEASE read any thread you care to pick on here INCLUDING  ALL THE ONES YOUR "COLLEAGUES" deleted listing line after line of errors, crashes and dreadful handling of what can only be described as the years biggest bug ridden update for any smart phone/PC/tablet whatever on sale. 

Did you know (and with respect, you obviously don't) that when Dell released the update ( I use that term lightly) ready for Streak users that it wasn't even meant for non-O2 (your UK supplier of Streak) Steaks, i.e. units supplied by Dell direct?  It either totally screwed the phone or at the least went through the whole update procedure only to leave the phone with - 1.6!

Please do a little more research and put a lot of angry, frustrated and ill assisted by-Dell customers out of their misery. We're counting on you Amy B.

September 8th, 2010 15:00

Hello from Rainy Round Rock, TX. :emotion-5:

Are you referring to the O2 2.1 updates? I heard reports of a handful of our customers having some issues with this update. The Streak team is working on some messaging. Is there something specific you had a question about?

Thanks,

Amy

Hello from damp, dark and late UK!

Twitter has been alive with people expressing concernes about the quality of the O2 2.1 update.  One member has got people to pool all the issues to his website. You can get the latest issues at http://streak.tommed.co.uk/ but, in the meantime here is the list as it currently stands.  

I wonder if you could at least confirm that Dell is aware of some of the issues and is working towards a fix?  I think I am not alone in thinking that Dell are struggling to get on top of this situation.  

My Streak works fine, however it is not as good in many respects as it was under 1.6.  It may just be that people are putting up with it and not being vocal.  If you compare the UI now with what it was under 1.6 you will see a lot of issues and a poorer experience for the user.  I think Dell need to get control of this situation as there are many sites now carrying a lot of negative feedback about this update and Dell's reputation is going to suffer.

1. Dunhamzzz - Settings Tray in new Camera app is difficult to operate and obscures view
  2. Dunhamzzz - Browser Thumbnail view gone
  3. Dunhamzzz - Live-Wallpaper selection will not switch to portrait orientation.
  4. Dunhamzzz - Can no longer play .wma files
  5. tommed - Really sluggish performance
  6. tommed - Battery doesn't last as long as with 1.6 (no live wallpaper)
  7. tommed - Touchscreen doesn't always work on Lock Screen
  8. tommed - Power button sometimes ignored, sometime switches off streak (when pressed quickly)
  9. tommed - Scrolling is almost impossible
  10. tommed - Front camera missing from Camera App
  11. fards - wifi not always re-authenticating after resume.
  12. fards - pcsync doesnt recognise streak
  13. fards - widgets taking up far too much room on launcher
  14. Dunhamzzz - Accelerometer is back-to-front in some applications eg Doodle Jump
  15. fards - calls going straight to voicemail when connected to gprs
  16. tommed - Folders sometimes refuse to open (only reboot fixes this)
  17. egrouse - Sometimes impossible to answer a call - phone rings, backlight stays off - power button turns screen on but cannot unlock
  18. chris_cullen - Moving icons in Quick Select panel causes restart
  19. chris_cullen - No way to move email messages between email folders in email app.
  20. chris_cullen - Very hard to move icons and delete them on launcher
  21. chris_cullen - Wallpaper crop region on gallery wrong shape when setting wallpaper from photo
  22. tommed - When emailing something from another app, there is no way to choose which gmail account to send it from
  23. tommed - Dragging an item from the Apps menu to the desktop no longer creates a shortcut (it did in 1.6)
  24. Liam - Touch buttons on the side of the phone randomly flash.
  25. tommed - Will not connect to work wifi, gets stuck requesting IP address. Other 2.1 devices work fine
  26. tommed - GMail account linking doesn't work over WIFI, only 3G (O2 know about this)
  27. ChrisB - Widget menu very slow on home screen
  28. ChrisB - Amimations such as fade in and out jumpy not smooth like in 1.6
  29. SarahH - Touch screen randomly freezes so can't finish typing a text or answer a call or unlock the phone
  30. SarahH - Keep getting error message... 'The application Messanging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
  31. Samstables - No control over number of 'home screens' - not a complete deal breaker but why take that away?
  32. krishudsonlee - No self timer on camera. Have to use CameraFX now.
  33. Kenton Price - Apps that use use Google Maps with the Show My Location feature will crash. The cause is this age-old bug - developers can work around it, but we shouldn't have to: http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/43615742f462bbf1/f29ee0a153d98f93
  34. spences10 - Vibration notifications not working on any of the default apps, email, sms or calendar
  35. alert_bri - Not possible to Add a Google Account (gmail) beyond the first configured. After timeout the error message "You don't have a network connection." is raised - despite having wifi connection and being able to read first gmail account fine.

23 Posts

September 8th, 2010 18:00

I see i am able to take picture with the button.If you want to take a quick picture you can't use the button.

11 Posts

September 8th, 2010 18:00

:emotion-39:Just to add flashing buttons. key light staying on after screen time out. I sent mine back to Dell....hoping it will come back working with the 2.2 update.[8o|

1 Message

January 20th, 2011 12:00

Did you ever get this LED flash problem sorted out? I have the exact same problem & from this post, we are obvioulsy not the only one's who must have this problem with the camera flash. I have also contacted dell by email twice, but have not received any response at all back from them & its been over a month. What happened to customer service?

I think the only thing I can do now is to telephone them as its a joke not hearing back from them, so I am now curious as to if you ever got your sorted out or not?

78 Posts

June 4th, 2011 13:00

Has this issue been resolved? Why is it that DELL, the manufacturers can not provide a simple answer to this issue or even acknowledge that it is broken?

• I had to do a factory reset on my streak (still running 2.2 and will NOT go to 2.2.2) .
  • Now, when i look at the settings to take a pic, the Flash options has only one active choice:  "OFF" (the On is greyed out)
  • ODD thing is this: when I shoot a video clip, the darn thing lights up. 
  • Ok, dell, any responses to this? should I post this issue on your facebook wall?
No Events found!