Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2015 16:00

Venue 11 Pro 7130 Digitizer Issues

For some reason my Dell Venue 11 Pro periodically stops detecting the stylus. I have found that this usually happens after sleep. However it doesn't always happen. 

Basically what happens is that the tablet can no longer detect the stylus. At first I thought it was the battery and got some new ones. Nothing changed. I actually do have a Venue 8 Pro that I was dumb enough not to test the stylus with first. After the Venue 11 Pro dropped the detection again, I tried the stylus on the Venue 8 Pro immediately and it worked flawlessly. 

The problem is always temporarily fixed by reinstalling the latest touch firmware. I am also on all the latest drivers including the chipset drivers, the touch drivers, and the latest bios.

This tablet is currently a replacement tablet I was sent by Dell in late December after they failed to fix my first tablet which also had a different and more severe digitizer. This tablet and its digitizer has been working perfectly since then and just last Friday I was having this issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and could anyone recommend a fix? The issue seems to be software and not hardware.

1.2K Posts

January 21st, 2015 04:00

Hi,

Good day!

Thank you for writing to us . My name is Jennifer and I work for the Dell Social Media Team.

To get a better understanding, can you help me with the following information:

1)May I know if any recent changes were made to the system (software/hardware).

2)Do check and let me know in device manager if you find any errors listed.

3)I would like to know if the issue is seen after restarting the tablet and also kindly confirm which is the OS installed.

We thank you for your continued interest in Dell Computers. Please revert to this thread if you feel that any unresolved query persists in this regard, and our team will gladly assist you.

Have a great day ahead.

Kindest Regards,

Jennifer

#IWork4Dell

15 Posts

January 21st, 2015 11:00

Hi Jennifer,

1) No recent software/hardware changes were made. My tablet really only contains essential programs I installed upon first set up as I only use it to take notes.

2) There are no errors shown in device manager

3) My tablet is running on Windows 8.1. The issue is definitely is still seen if I just restart the tablet.

1.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2015 03:00

Good day!

Thank you for writing back to us.

This is the link for the panel firmware :http://dell.to/1yvP3Zg

Kindly download and install this file.

Also send the service tag of the tablet via private message so that I can look into the specifications of the system .

Awaiting a reply from you.

Kind regards.

Jennifer.

#Iwork4Dell.

15 Posts

January 22nd, 2015 07:00

I noticed the link you sent me was to the panel firmware for the Venue 11 5130 while my venue is the 7130 model. Do you want me to install the 5130 file?

1.2K Posts

January 23rd, 2015 03:00

Hi,

Good day!Do not continue with the installation of the 5130 touch panel firmware .

Kindly try these steps and advise if the issue still persists.

1)Go to settings ,then click on calibrate the screen for touch or pen input.

2)Then tablet PC settings window is displayed ,click on calibrate to launch the calibration tool.

3)On the calibrate pen or touch input screens,select pen input or finger touch.

4)Save the calibration data to complete touch screen calibration .

Awaiting a reply from your end.

Kindest Regards,

Jennifer.

#Iwork4Dell.

15 Posts

January 23rd, 2015 10:00

I've performed the calibration and restarted the tablet. Unfortunately nothing has changed and the tablet still exhibits the same troublesome behavior. 

15 Posts

January 26th, 2015 07:00

I already tried that to no luck over the weekend. I went ahead and did an entire system reinstall and the tablet seems to be working better but is still experiencing the issue. 

I can't send it in for service as I am currently in Canada for school and I wont be returning until maybe May. 

If this tablet becomes unreliable again I will probably just shelf it and send it in for service when I get the chance.

Thank you for your help

1.2K Posts

January 26th, 2015 07:00

Hi ,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Kindly backup the data and try these steps of refreshing your pc .

1. Click Get started. The Refresh your PC window opens.
  2. Click Next.
  3. Click Refresh

Awaiting a reply from you to confirm if the issue is resolved .Else do forward your invoice copy via private message so that I can arrange for the tablet to be collected .

Kindest Regards,

Jennifer.

1.2K Posts

January 27th, 2015 03:00

Hi ,

thank you for the reply !

May I know the part no of your venue 11 pro stylus. Also do provide your physical address via private message so that I can arrange for a service call.

Awaiting your reply .

Kindest Regards,

1.2K Posts

January 29th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Thank you for your reply!I would like to share this link for the touch panel firmware.Do install this file and advise the status of the tablet .

Awaiting your response.

Kind regards,

15 Posts

January 29th, 2015 11:00

After installing the firmware linked i'm having trouble having the pen work at all. When reinstalled the OS I installed the the touch firmware that was last updated in December, not the one you had linked me. Then I went ahead and installed the one you linked however, before the reinstall there was a period where the one you had linked me did work.

Am I supposed to only have one of the firmwares installed?

1.2K Posts

January 30th, 2015 03:00

Hi ,

Your are absolutely right .Do uninstall both the version of firmware and then install the version of firmware from the link that I sent out yesterday .Do reply to this community thread if there are any issues.

Kindest Regards,

15 Posts

January 30th, 2015 11:00

I only see one HID-compliant pen in my device manager. I'm not sure if the other driver is in there and if so where I could find it to uninstall it. Short of another reinstall or pc refresh, it wouldn't do much good just uninstalling the one I can see. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1.2K Posts

February 2nd, 2015 08:00

Hi,

In this case it is evident that its software issue I am trying to arrange for a tech visit to reinstall OS .Also I  have looked into the configuration of the system ,I would like to know what kind of stylus you are using since with the system service tag I am unable to confirm if the stylus was shipped with the same order. Awaiting your response.

Kind Regards,

15 Posts

February 2nd, 2015 12:00

Jennifer, I don't mean to be rude but I am getting quite frustrated.

As I've mentioned before on Jan. 26th, "I went ahead and did an entire system reinstall and the tablet seems to be working better but is still experiencing the issue".

I seriously doubt doing another system reinstall would change anything.

The stylus I am using is the new one with the silver barrel. It can be found here:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

If you do not know any other solution please just let me know. The next time I do another system reinstall it will be to prepare the tablet for sale to someone else.

No Events found!