Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2012 22:00

Venue Pro Service Tag Not Identified / Unlock Issue

Greetings,

I have a (sim-free/ unlocked) DVP AWS Version.

I have been following up this matter with Dell Mobility over the past one week and feel if some speedy resolution to this matter is possible, hence am posting on the Support Forum

1. My service tag was not identified. After a few email exchanges and a call I found out that if the Dell device was purchased from a retail outlet (other than Dell online / store) the I had to visit dell.com/register and get my device registered. Hence, I added my service tag there and then completed the entire registration process which finally said Thank you for registering... product successfully registered. This was last week. Yet, even as of date the dell site says Service Tag not identified.

2. Due to the above issue - I am not able to

a) Check my warranty status

b) Wanted to see my warranty and upgrade warranty if possible

c) not able to chat with technical support

d) Do Ownership transfer (Dell Mobility Team says this is needed if I want to contact support / get device unlocked)

d) have the unlock code for the device

Basically, I felt that if I have a sim-free / unlocked version would mean that I could insert any SIM and it would work. But from numerous posts out here and on the web I find that even though we buy the sim-free version we need to have it unlocked for any network from DELL.

Could someone please guide me as what needs to be done to have this issue resolved?

18 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 19:00

why is no one helping me out?

10 Posts

January 5th, 2012 06:00

Hi. I have similar problem. But I bought my phone from eBay. And Service Tag is missing in database. I from Europe and I need unlock to use this phone, but Dell can't provide it for unregistered Service Tag.

I've already registered it system and nothing happens.

Seller is not answering on my mails. So I don't know what should I do.

18 Posts

yes that is correct. Service Tag is the unique identification they use to identify our products. It would have been good if they could speed up the process. 30 days is a long time in the times of modern technology. I dont understand why it should take Dell so much time.

18 Posts

Yes finally I found someone who had good knowledge regarding how service tag works.  I am told it takes around 30 days before the service tag becomes visible across Dell systems. Hence if the product registration went of successfully there is no other option but to wait for up to 30 days from date of registration before contacting with regards service tags issue.

10 Posts

And if you want to contact for example support you should enter Service Tag first. So the only service, which is available for me is Mobility Unlock code Team.

Thanks them for current help, but they have limited with help for me in current situation.

10 Posts

It is sounds not very good for me. And I wonder, that in community section are absent technical guys to give answers.

10 Posts

I not need any warranty, beacuse it is usefull for me. I need just an unlock code.

18 Posts

Yes I contacted many departments within Dell and all say without the Service Tag in their systems there is little they can do. Did you go to www.dell.com/register and register your product? Because without that Dell system will not even know such a product exists! I was told 5 days after I contacted multiple departments that I need to first register my product and only then would a service tag become visible in their systems. If the registration goes of successfully which went through in my case then I am told that it takes up to 30 days before it becomes visible in their Systems. I think they should find a way to speed up the process like if I wish to go out on roaming even though I have a "sim-free" version I still need the unlock code from them! I understand if I had it under some contract that they refuse to give the unlock code but if it’s a direct retail purchase they should give it immediately. This also amounts to harassment of consumer to a certain extent.

18 Posts

January 5th, 2012 07:00

Well warranty or no warranty, I believe this is done to confirm if we really purchased the fully priced product or its from some contract. I too asked them a couple of times for the unlock code. I think they should have a paid process to speed up the service tag identification / unlock code as there are many who do not want to wait for so long but would like to get their devices unlocked at the earliest. I also wanted to check my warranty / upgrade it to a 2 year warranty if my product has one year warranty but all say its only possible once service tag is identified so really frustrating to wait that long in todays age 30 days is a long long time.

18 Posts

January 5th, 2012 21:00

One week has passed since I registered my product on www.dell.com/register and even as I type it still says

Invalid Service Tag

The Service Tag XXXXXXX you have entered is invalid. Please enter a different service tag in order to proceed to the next step.

If i go to www.dell.com/register (Retail Registration) and enter my Service Tag

Registration Complete

This PC has already been registered. If you need to update your information, please use the Ownership Transfer Form located.

which means my registration has been successful.

The day I registered my product after going to Retail Registration and entering my Serivce Tag I had to enter various details and now it says Registration Complete.

Could any one from Technical Support please help out in this case as its been really frustrating moving from one department to another and getting the same answer that it takes time for service tag to be recognized. Could you please not speed up the process???

18 Posts

January 12th, 2012 07:00

Two weeks without any resolution! Really I am short of words :(

10 Posts

January 12th, 2012 08:00

I think your Service Tag will be never registered. I meet girl on my forum, who registered it 4 month ago and still nothing =)

18 Posts

January 12th, 2012 18:00

Hmm. I am told it takes around 30 days post registration. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. The registration went off successfully so hopefully it would show up in their systems soon.

13 Posts

January 16th, 2012 02:00

if your dvp is locked???

i can unlock it in 10mins

if you want!

10 Posts

January 16th, 2012 02:00

great. how much it will cost for me?

No Events found!