Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2015 18:00

Venus 8 Motherboard

Motherboard died after three months. $175 and I get a new one. Turn it on and it works. Three months later I go to use it but it's dead. I charge twice. Nothing. Support fixes and says battery and motherboard replaced. Why would mb die after little use then no use???

915 Posts

March 8th, 2015 10:00

Tech. breaks/malfunctions.  But what I don't understand is, did you originally pay $175 for a new motherboard when the tablet was 3 months old?  Didn't you have the tablet's 1-year warranty available to you?

179 Posts

March 8th, 2015 14:00

They said it wasn't covered.  It's just odd that 3 mbs in 2 devices fail and one had no use.  Is it just my bad luck?

915 Posts

March 9th, 2015 10:00

Odd--I don't see what can't be covered in a motherboard during the warranty period, unless a user physically did something to the motherboard.

Bad luck, indeed.   :emotion-6:

179 Posts

March 9th, 2015 14:00

With amnesia I can't fully remember but I may have had it a while before using it or three months could be wrong. I just couldn't turn it on, sent it in, then was told the cost.

Good news is Mike Is My New Hero :). I got on last night, checked Settings, and they were fine as it connected fast. Weird was clicking IE (Firefox will be downloaded tonight) and Bing came up. NO address line for me to change URL to another site.  Email icon brought up something else. If I can get Firefox installed, I'll set up email accounts.

So I'm there but have a few stumbles to get through. Tonight I'll find more apps.  Then I'll find an online guide so I can relearn all of this.

Thanks again

915 Posts

March 10th, 2015 14:00

Best of luck!   :emotion-1:

No Events found!