Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

June 26th, 2013 03:00

new user need latitude 10 ST2 help

Hi all. Just got this table here, and from 64G is down to 30-ish. I like to wipe it all out and start from clean installation. I got Windows 8-32 PRO, on FAT32 USB. I just like to boot from it, delete all partitions and got clean installation. My questions to you experts are:

1) will I miss any programs already installed and useful? Don't care about MS Office, but got something like: 

-Broadcom Location Sensor - no idea what is this for

-DW WLAN card - I guess driver for LAN card

My main concern are drivers. Once installed, can I all drivers from Dell site? Or will I have to look elsewhere?

Anything else which I overlook? I've done this job few times on desktops, but first time on tablet, so kinda worried a bit.

Thank you for any advice and suggestion.

June 28th, 2013 06:00

Hi pitowski,

If you just wish to reset and start afresh, my suggestion would be to use Dell Backup and Recovery to factory reset the device. Dell Backup and Recovery can reset the Operating system or backup from the recovery partition and take the system back to day one i.e factory condition. You need not worry about drivers as they will be pre-installed.

Note : This step leads to complete data loss if you select the option to Erase files in Step 11

To restore the OS from the recovery partition, you may follow these steps:

1. Plug in the AC adapter.
  2. Power on the tablet.
  3. If you do not have a physical keyboard connected, you may bring the On-Screen keyboard using the Ease of access button on the left hand side bottom corner of the screen.

4. Click on Power button on right hand side bottom corner of the screen.
  5. Press the Shift Key on the on-screen keyboard or Hold the Shift key on the physical keyboard and click Restart from the options provided. 
  6. Click Troubleshoot from the options onscreen after restart.

7. Click the Dell Backup and Recovery icon.

8. The system restarts and comes back up, click Next on the Dell Backup and Recovery Screen. 

9. The system would be checked to see if the smart repair option can fix the issue, click Next once this is done. 

10. You will be prompted to select the backup to be used, click the factory image option or select from one of the backups. Click Next

11. You will be prompted to backup your files, if needed do so by selecting the option Yes, backup my personal files (Make sure to have an external backup hard drive handy.) or select No, Erase my files

12. The system goes ahead and completes the restore of the operating system. Click Restart when prompted. 

13. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the system with windows.

However, if you wish to wipe everything out and perform a clean OS re-install manually, you may refer to article Here. Though, Dell has not tested these steps officially, many users have been able to install OS by following the steps given in the article. 

Once the OS is installed, you may install the drivers from Here -> Enter the service tag of your system ->  Select the operating system -> Download/install the drivers in correct order as given Here.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any further questions.

11 Posts

December 22nd, 2013 01:00

Of course your concern is deleting everything to fully utilize and make room on your hard drive, which would mean deleting Dell's factory restore. If that's the case, then yes...all the drivers for your tablet will be on Dell's website. Just enter your service code and you will get a display of what is available for you to download. For some reason, the 6GB or 8GB portion on my hard drive doesn't bother me that much, not when I know it can get me out of serious danger quickly. But if you feel that would make your life easier having that much more available hard drive space, then do it and don't look back!

No Events found!