Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2011 20:00

start up error - /bin/e2fsck -y /dev/block/innersd0p6 file system check returned status 1024

Hello
I have a dell streak. After 2 mounts using yesterday show me error to all aplications and after reset i got this error on start up:

/bin/e2fsck -y /dev/block/innersd0p6 file system check returned status 1024, e2fsck status was 4
Please return this device to the manufacturer for debugging

the phone have show me many errors then after restart back to default setting twice, in 2 days, and today when i was talking on the phone he shut down itself and after restart i get again the same error.
now work normal but every minute i expect to do same.

What is the problem?

Thanks unsure.gif 

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2011 10:00

Folks,

I am having the same issue.  I've had my Streak since 11 December, never had any problems.  Ran with 1.6 until 15 January then "updated" with Froyo after following the directions/assistance from this forum. Never a problem with Froyo (and am using the Dell Froyo) until last week (strange that it was shortly after AT&T finally released Froyo?).  Right around the 29th or 30th of Feb my phone "rebooted" on me as I was swiping screens and when it tried to restart it stuck on the initial Dell logo and presented the same error as mentioned above with the exception that it said to "Please return this device to the software developers for debugging".  It then did a restart on its own and booted up to the initial Android setup screen just like it came out of the box!!!  I lost all of my basic desktop setups and widget positions.  Had to completely resetup my Home Launcher and then had to resetup all of my e-mail accounts, etc ...  really a pain and it took a good part of a day to get back to where i was before the "reset" and that was afte restoring a backup that I had performed from around Feb 20th.  God knows how long I'd be working to set things up if I didn't have the back up. 

Now today, 3/3, my phone again rebooted itself and again presented the same error message and then another "factory reset".  This is a complete pain in the neck.  Now I understand that I'm carrying around a small computer in my pocket and it's not your old school motorola flip phone from the 90s but these resets and having to start from scratch after almost 3 months of no problems is killing me (not to mention that my wife who is an iPhone fan thinks it's pretty hilarious and points out that I wouldn't have this problem If I got an iPhone).

Any ideas out there?

No Events found!