jeremy_parsons
1 Copper

Block replication of iSCSI LUN between VSA's stuck at 66%

I configured the replication interfaces and verified, then created a connection.   When I try to replicate a block LUN to VSA-02 the progress is hung at 66% (Creating replication session after provisioning destination).   I've tried rebooting the 2nd VSA and it is stuck in service mode.   Any ideas how to reset it so I can try again?  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
29 Replies
chenw87
2 Bronze

Re: Block replication of iSCSI LUN between VSA's stuck at 66%

Try running these commands in the console as the 'service' user:

svc_rescue_state -c

svc_shutdown -r

0 Kudos
CockneyUSA
2 Iron

I have the same issue, sort of.  The identical situation occurred with the replication, but I was replicating a NAS server..  The source went down and only comes up in service mode.  I can login into the VSA with service credentials but none of the recommended fixes work.  I had to re-initialize the VSA.

SO, is there a problem with the replication that corrupts the VM?

0 Kudos
CockneyUSA
2 Iron

Problem is repeatable.  Tried replication from new VSA and it crashed during initial replication of a LUN.  Consistently crashing now.  Will come up in Service mode but will require reimaging (full wipe).

Won't be trying this again until I hear a fix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chenw87
2 Bronze

I just tried this and it works fine for me. I can't seem to reproduce this issue. Are you able to collect and upload the logs from both VSAs? You can get them from Service -> Service Tasks -> Collect Service Information.

0 Kudos
CockneyUSA
2 Iron

I'll set it up again today.  I have to re-initialize the source VSA and sometimes after the replication I can no longer get into it even in service mode.  I can get the logs from the destination VSA though.

0 Kudos
CockneyUSA
2 Iron

Where do I upload the logs to?

0 Kudos
chenw87
2 Bronze

Can you attach it here? If not, you can upload them to this FTP site:

https://ftp.emc.com/action/login?domain=ftp.emc.com&username=Y3psfamKX&password=2f272BIBII

0 Kudos
CockneyUSA
2 Iron

I'll upload when I get it done.  I'm having to re-initialize both VSAs as I cannot clean up the old replication settings!!

0 Kudos
CockneyUSA
2 Iron

I've uploaded 3 log files.  1 from the source and 2 from the destination.  The second destination log is from after the session started and failed.  The source VSA has crashed three times so far, one during the replication session (66%) and twice when trying to access the GUI.

I will try to generate a log from the console if I can.

4th log file uploaded.  Had to time it just right between crashes.

0 Kudos