Start a Conversation

Unsolved

12 Posts

August 9th, 2018 03:00

Inband Migration Tool Query

Hi

I am looking for help with an error message generated by the Inband Migration Tool

I am attempting to migrate a NFS file system from a VNX5300 to a Unity VSA in a lab environment so that we can document the process before running it in a live environment with production data

The specified operation could not be completed. Search for the error code on the support website or product forums, or contact your service provider, if available. (Error Code:0x4)

The target NAS server is created successfully but I get the above failure message before it creates the target file system

The only search result I got was this

Dell EMC Unity: Common Issues seen when performing CIFS VDM Import operations (User Correctable)

which points to a /.migration/precheck_vdm file, but I can't find any files like that on my VNX

I am looking for clues as to where to look for logs please?

8.6K Posts

August 10th, 2018 02:00

I would suggest to open a service request

12 Posts

August 13th, 2018 05:00

Just in case anybody reads this and thinks "I have the same issue and there isn't an answer"....

We resolved the issue, which appears to have been caused by the target pool being too small to receive the file systems on the source VDM - note that all file systems on that VDM will be migrated, not just the one you think you have selected.

The error messages we saw didn't provide any clues as to what the issue was.

8.6K Posts

August 13th, 2018 13:00

and yes - all the file systems of a VDM should be migrated

If you not you would end up with "stranded" file systems on the VNX that cant be accessed any longer since its IP has moved to the Unity system

8.6K Posts

August 13th, 2018 13:00

thanks for the feedback

No Events found!