Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 22nd, 2018 07:00

Resume FS replication after relocation?

Customer bought new unity box for DR site but want to do initial replication for NAS servers/ FS in main site using IP replicator then send DR box to DR site and resume the replication between 2 sites after relocation and changing IP addresses for NAS servers.

Is this supported?

2 Posts

April 23rd, 2019 11:00

(a year too late) - but yes this is supported. I just did the exact same thing.  There are a couple of issues to be aware of, like you need to pause the replications before relocating the array, and you need to be 100% certain all the IPs and objects (like replication interfaces) are fully functional and in place before resuming the replication.  I was able to resume replications using a single command for each replication session basically switching out the replication interfaces and issuing the resume command.  

If not and the replication fails and loses sync, you must delete the replication and start from scratch.  Data silvering does work.

I also set up test NAS Servers and file systems on both sides to implement the "replication resume" after moving the array to the destination site to make sure everything worked properly before resuming the production file systems.

No Events found!