Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 13th, 2019 13:00

Unity 450F - Adding Disks to DAE Open Disk Slots / Adding DAE

Hello,

We ordered Disks to fill the remaining currently installed DAE slots that are open (unused slots).  DAE with 25 slots, 20 are filled and 5 blanks. 

1.  Can I just add these to the DAE blank spots?  I do not see any wizard to add these. Looks like you just add them to the DAE and see if they appear.  

2.  If there is more to it than that, any docs?

--

On top of the above, we ordered another DAE with Disks.  I do not see any wizard like VNX and when I go to the docs, all it says is connect power and run SAS cables.

1.  For a new DAE, is there a wizard to install?  Looks like I just run power to the DAE, then cable the backend.

2.  Is there any docs for this on procedure if there is more to it than that. 

Could someone please confirm, it just looks to simple :)

Thanks.

• 

6.9K Posts

May 14th, 2019 09:00

Hello rambler101,

As long as the hdd’s that you have are EMC drivers, then all you will need to do is to insert them into your empty slots.  Once the drives have been inserted you go to Unisphere and the drives should show as online & ready to create a lun or expand a lun. 

When it comes to adding a DAE they are pretty straight forward.  What you will want to do is to rack the DAE and connect the SAS cables to your last expansion DAE or the unity system if no expansions DAE are present.  Once the SAS cables are connected then you will want to connect the power cables and power on the DAE.  In unisphere you will see the DAE, once you see the DAE then you will want to insert 2 drives to make sure that they are seen.  Once the first two drives are seen then you can add the rest of the drives in the enclosure.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!