Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2018 21:00

Unity: Can we send an alert email test from CLI?

Does anyone know how to send a test alert email using CLI?

I can easily send a test alert email from GUI by just clicking [Send Test Email] button. However, I could not find the way in service command/Unisphere CLI...

capture-20180201-143925.png

February 1st, 2018 09:00

I can't see a way of doing this from UEMCLI, but it is possible using REST:

POST /api/instances/alertConfig/ /action/testEmailAlert

Instance ID in my case was 0, but you can find that using GET /api/types/alertConfig/instances.

11 Posts

February 1st, 2018 09:00

I found no way to do this thru the cli.

/event/alert/conf -- shows the following options - show and set only - no option for test

[Show]

/event/alert/conf show [ -output { nvp | csv | table [ -wrap ] } ] [ { -brief | -detail | -filter } ]

[Set]

/event/alert/conf set [ -emailFromAddr ] [ -emailToAddrs ] [ -emailSeverity { info | notice | warning

| error | critical } ] [ -snmpSeverity { info | notice | warning | error | critical } ] [ -showAllPoolThresholdAlerts {

yes | no } ]

/sys/support/connecthome test - has a test option but if you have ESRS enabled you will get this message - Cannot enable connect home when ESRS is enabled    -  if you try to enable connecthome

You might need to ask for a feature request to get it added to the cli

Community Manager

• 

5.1K Posts

February 6th, 2018 21:00

ChrisHolloway_EMC san,

Thank you so much! It works:)

Community Manager

• 

5.1K Posts

February 6th, 2018 21:00

mwright san

Thank you for checking the commands. I am convinced that we cannot use CLI for email alert (so far).

4.5K Posts

February 7th, 2018 12:00

Remembering to mark the question Answered helps others with similar problems and awarding points helps motivate people to take the time answer you questions. Forgetting this may affect responsiveness.

glen

No Events found!