Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

March 14th, 2017 05:00

Unity licensing for EMC Storage Monitoring and Reporting (new VNXMR name)

The VNX Monitoring and Reporting tooling (light version of ViPR SRM) is renamed a while ago to EMC Storage Monitoring. (See https://support.emc.com/products/40532_EMC-Storage-Monitoring-and-Reporting )

Also now VPLEX, Unity and VNXe systems are supported now.

Question is what this means in terms of licensing: are the licenses for Unity, VNXe and VPLEX also licensed with the systems? And can existing customers using VNXMR extend VNXMR functionality also for their new Unity systems without additional costs?

Regards, Jan-Pieter

8.6K Posts

March 14th, 2017 08:00

with VNX M&R used to be included

with Unity it is an extra cost license

I would suggest to contact your local EMC or partner pre-sales contact about your specific config

104 Posts

March 27th, 2017 02:00

I had case open about this..

license is not included with VNX2 or Unity, you need to purchase/get it from sales rep.

8.6K Posts

March 27th, 2017 03:00

I think there is a confusion about versions

The VNX M&R version that supports VNX/VNXe used to be included in VNX2 purchases.

The newer version EMC Storage M&R that includes both Unity and VNX is not included in VNX or Unity purchases

As always for licensing question I would suggest to discuss with the EMC or partner sales where you purchased the system - there might be differences depending on where and when you bought it - plus there used to also be license packs.

104 Posts

April 7th, 2017 06:00

Hi,

Eventually we got an offer for Storage Monitoring and Reporting, it is not expensive, but not included with VNX2 or Unity.

No Events found!