Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

November 13th, 2012 09:00

Unisphere Array Utilization by Storage Group

What is the best way to find out the hosts (or storage group) that are utilizing the most I/O on an array?  With the default dashboards it looks like the only thing I can do is look at each Storage Group.  I'd like to get a dashboard that shows Array IOPS and Array MB/s by storage group.  From what I can tell this isn't available in the Performance Analysis so I can't create a chart to make it a dashboard.  Is anyone else doing something like this?  It would be great to refer to when performance thresholds are hit etc.

11 Posts

November 21st, 2012 07:00

Hi Garret_Black ,

I tried creating a dashboard to show the Array Host MBs/Sec and storage group host MB/sec and was successful doing that ,

is that what you are trying to do ?
if so , you can do so by going to

Performance -> Monitor -> Create Dashboard -> and in the “select chart source”  you can select all Arrays (or) Storage Group depending on your request and finish the wizard .

if you think this has answered your question , please mark this as answered

Regards
Sadish S

50 Posts

January 10th, 2013 11:00

That would require one to look at each Storage Group individually.  I'd like a list of the "Top 10 I/O hosts" or something like that to easily find what hosts are consuming I/O at a given time.  When FE ports or a disk group gets high in utilization there's no easy way to determine what host is causing this.

7 Posts

January 31st, 2013 11:00

I have posed the same question for how to create a dashboard to see which Storage Groups are utilizing a FE port by %.  This view used to exist in SMC.  It was very handy to find out who was dominating an FE port pair.

SMC had a few views that were quite nice.  Too bad they left.

No Events found!