Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2015 07:00

VMAX 200k Not Appearing in Unisphere

I have a 200k connected to my SAN switches and zoned to my Unisphere host. I have discovered the array with solutions enabler and can run SYMCLI commands against it but when I run discovery from Unisphere, it does not get discovered.

Which step am I missing?

Thanks,

Victor Engle

Storage Engineering

VEngle@tiaa-cref.org

Internal 22 2736

Office 704 988 2736

Mobile 919-886-0284

Home 919-251-8096

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it.

TIAA-CREF

1 Attachment

1.2K Posts

September 2nd, 2015 08:00

From your question, I think you're unable to view the VMAX200K in your Unisphere for VMAX window, correct?  For the first time login, you should login to Unisphere as "smc", as it the only user who will initially have rights (we use LDAP, so the new array is not initially visible to our LDAP accounts, even though we're all admins).  Then you can configure the VMAX as visible to all of your admin accounts, as follows.

1) Login to Unisphere as "smc"

2) Note that your newly-added VMAX will still not be visible:

2015-09-02 11_35_44-Add a new VMAX to Unisphere for VMAX - Microsoft OneNote.png

3) Click on Administration > Security > Authorization Rules in Unisphere.  This list shows all the user accounts configured in Unisphere.  Note that our LDAP admin accounts can only see the two VMAX above:

2015-09-02 11_42_52-Add a new VMAX to Unisphere for VMAX - Microsoft OneNote.png

However, the SMC account will see a third, new VMAX:

2015-09-02 11_44_52-Add a new VMAX to Unisphere for VMAX - Microsoft OneNote.png

You must create a new access role by clicking Create at the bottom of the window.  Add in your admin user account and select the new array, giving the accounts the "Admin" role:

2015-09-02 11_48_00-Add a new VMAX to Unisphere for VMAX - Microsoft OneNote.png

In my case, the array starting with 1957 was the new array.  Once I added my account with an Admin role, I could now manage it and add other admins to it as well.

2015-09-02 11_49_16-Add a new VMAX to Unisphere for VMAX - Microsoft OneNote.png

Once that step was completed, you can logout.  When you log back in to Unisphere, you should see the new array:

2015-09-02 11_49_16-Add a new VMAX to Unisphere for VMAX - Microsoft OneNote.png

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

No Events found!