Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 23rd, 2018 18:00

VMAX3 REST API feature requests

Our environment consists of a mix of VMAX20K and VMAX 950F. I am trying to perform some automation through Unisphere 8.4 REST API. I have run into number of road blocks, and would like to know if there is a work around and if it is on the road map to be included in future releases.

• Ability to expand RDF replicated volume/devices. Looks like this feature is available in Unisphere for Powermax 9.0. Not sure if all SRDF modes are supported.
  • Ability to to create symclone/symmir local replication.
  • Ability to expand volumes that have that have local replication, and volumes that have both RDF and local replication.
  • Ability to create local and remote replicated pairs using existing volumes. Currently using pair files to create with solutions enabler.
  • Ability to create/terminate replication at a volume level and not storagegroup level.
  • In version 8.4 there is an option to create RDF pairs with mode "Active", but when trying to create it, it says the feature is not supported. Will this be supported in future release? I assume the active is SRDF/Metro?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

July 25th, 2018 04:00

Hi,

Please see my answers below. Let me know if you have further q's.

Regards

Finbarr.

• Ability to expand RDF replicated volume/devices. Looks like this feature is available in Unisphere for Powermax 9.0. Not sure if all SRDF modes are supported. Available for SRDF/S and SRDF/A
  • Ability to create symclone/symmir local replication. Not available, and not on the roadmap
  • Ability to expand volumes that have that have local replication, and volumes that have both RDF and local replication
  • Ability to create local and remote replicated pairs using existing volumes. Currently using pair files to create with solutions enabler. Create pairs for existing R1 candidate devices with auto-picking of R2s is coming in 9.1.
  • Ability to create/terminate replication at a volume level and not storagegroup level. Not available, not on the roadmap currently.
  • In version 8.4 there is an option to create RDF pairs with mode "Active", but when trying to create it, it says the feature is not supported. Will this be supported in future release? I assume the active is SRDF/Metro? Active is the SRDF “mode” for SRDF/Metro (like Synchronous is for SRDF/S).  You need both arrays to support Metro for this to work.

There is a RESTAPI information blog here also in case you haven’t seen it here with good blogs and links to our github with lots of nice code examples written by our engineers and customers

No Events found!