Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2010 08:00

VSI and Celerra

Was checking out the Virtual Storage Integrator plugin and seem to be having issues getting storage details to view properly.

I've added the Cellera Control Station and the Cellera Array shows up in the arrays tab of the EMC Storage Configuration view.  The cellera.log seem to show that the plugin is pulling data ok.   When I go to view Storage details under the EMC Storage Tab of any virtual hard disk I'm getting a lot of unknown data.  The plugin log gives the following error.

(05/17/2010)(11:18:27.371)[SE][ERROR]: StorUIDdevShow() failed.  Error(1000052):No objects of the requested type were found.

I was wondering if anyone else is having simular issues viewing storage details when connecting to a Cellera with VSI ?

1 Message

August 12th, 2011 09:00

Did you get this problem resolved. I am having the same issue.

40 Posts

August 12th, 2011 14:00

Also are the virtual hard disks provisioned from a Celerra (or other EMC storage such as Clariion, VNX, VMAX, etc)?

Ken

40 Posts

August 12th, 2011 14:00

what versions of Celerra Software and VSI are you using?

Ken

25 Posts

August 12th, 2011 17:00

The fact that Storage Viewer is talking about device UIDs tells me that you are using block storage.  So for a Celerra, that would most likely be Celerra iSCSI.  Can you confirm that this is true?  Unfortunatley, Storage Viewer only supports Celerra NFS and not Celerra iSCSI.  If you are in fact using Celerra NFS then please let us know and we can dig further.  Thanks.

No Events found!