Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2012 08:00

Connecting to C$ on CIFs server

I have a recently configured CIFs server and when trying to connect to the C$ share I am being prompted for login credentials.

I try using the nasadmin ID and password with the CIFs server as the login context, but am not able to get connected.

Anyone run into this problem?
I realize that I have to use credentials local to the VNX, but have had no luck with the ID I have tried.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

March 21st, 2012 08:00

if it's joined to AD, you need to use either domain admin credentials or ask your domain admin to add your AD account to the local group on the CIFS server.

181 Posts

April 3rd, 2012 10:00

This sounds like you might be using a standalone cifs server.  If this is the case, an adminstrator password was setup upon creation of this cifs server.  You will need to connect to it using this credentials.  For instance, the username would be CIFSSERVER\Administrator and the password would be the one that was supplied at creation.

8.6K Posts

April 3rd, 2012 12:00

If it is a standalone CIFS server you HAVE to first change the Adminitrator password before you can do anything else

See the VNX CIFS manual for details

April 5th, 2012 00:00

SumGuy,

Firstly, welcome to the forum and of course thank you for being an EMC customer.

I'm going to assume the following:

1) Since you gave Dynamox credit for the Correct Answer, and he had discussed a CIFS server joined to the domain, then it is not a standalone CIFS server

2) You mentioned "recently configured CIFs server", which suggests you may have an account that has enough permissions to join it the domain but not necessarily a Domain Admin, you could also consider setting the following data mover parameter (Under "Settings" within Unisphere) for next time:

djAddAdminToLg=1

When set (default is disabled), in addition to Domain Admininstrators being assigned as a member of the Local Administrators group, it will also include the user specified when joining it to the domain.

No Events found!