Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 6th, 2015 08:00

New VNXe: How to replicate a CIFS Server from VNX to VNXe

Hi,

Customer have a new VNXe3150 and wants to move a CIFS Server from VNX VG8 to this new VNXe, and keep a replication for DR purposes.

AFAIK VNXe doesn't support VDM, so I don't know how can I replicate a CIFS Server configuration... :/

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Dario

May 6th, 2015 14:00

By replicating CIFS server configuration, if you mean share level permission. It is not supported on VNXe. VNXe replicates NTFS permission but not share permission.

So from VNX end, you cannot replicate a VDM. You just need to replicate filesystem and your NTFS permissions will get replicated but not share level.

Regards,

Swapnil

19 Posts

May 6th, 2015 09:00

Dairo,

Hello, What you will have to do is look through this doc and make sure you only have a basic CIFS Shared Folder on the VNX, copy and paste all from the unsupported CIFS share to a new basic CIFS share on the VNX. The VNXe is great but lacks the complexitity of the VNX, which has much more options for CIFS shares than that of the VNXe.

https://support.emc.com/docu32530_White-Paper:-VNXe-Data-Protection-VNXe3100,-VNXe3150,-and-VNXe3300-Overview.pdf?langua…

If you still are having issues after looking over this doc, I would recommend opening a Service Request with the VNXe team and they will be able to advise further.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Holton Jewkes

EMC TSE

No Events found!