Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2015 13:00

Performance charts empty? - VNX 5200

I don't recall if this is related to analyzer or something that has to be enabled via the SLI, but under System --> Monitoring and Alerts --> Statistics

None of the Performance Chart options show any data.

Under Performance Data Logging I show the following:

So I believe that I should have tons of metrics to chart considering how long logging has been running.

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

March 16th, 2015 18:00

The performance charts under those views are 'realtime', and will begin to show data metrics after 5 minutes or so.

If you want to check the historical reporting stats, these need to be retrieved and viewed from the Archive Management window. Retrieve a NAR then open it. You'll need to retrieve and Merge multiple files for periods of time. It's quite a process at first, but check the vid out below and come back if you have any questions.

In addition, you can get some basic (but good) stats from Unisphere Central if you are using it.

Also, your VNX5200 comes with a license to use the Monitoring & Reporting application which is probably the easiest way to get into performance analysis going forward so consider having a look at it.

Lastly, you can also get some great stats from MiTrend.

Happy to assist further if you need it.

https://support.emc.com/products/28885_VNX-Family-Monitoring-&-Reporting

Video Link : 6565

Mitrend | Pragmatic IO

EMC VNX – Combine NAR files. The EASY way | Pragmatic IO

29 Posts

March 17th, 2015 06:00

Wow, thanks Brett for the incredibly thorough answer.  I did not know 99% of this information.  Appreciate it.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

September 19th, 2018 10:00

same problem here, but no data even after hours or days of started data logging.

archives created ok, but online data graphs are empty.

a while ago i saw data there, but now its not.

seems like a bug to me

8.6K Posts

September 20th, 2018 05:00

then please open a service request so that support can check

4.5K Posts

September 20th, 2018 10:00

There are a number of possibilities - the code level running on the array is the most likely issue. I'd recommend that you upgrade to the latest release for VNX2.

Also, take a look at KB 476729 - this KB lists all of the articles for CLARiiON, VNX1, VNX2 and Unity that affect performance or the operation of the performance tools on the array.

glen

No Events found!