Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2013 02:00

Problem with VNX5300

Dear Guys. I am new to EMC. We have newely installed VNX5300. After initial powerOn I am getting below messages. Please suggest if it is really a hardware fault or is there any workaround for this issue. Also how can i collect the logs from the storage. waiting for the response. Thanks

“Severity :            Error

System :              CKM00130700731

Domain :             Local

Created :             Apr 12, 2013 1:07:45 PM

Full Description :                              Disk Array Enclosure (Bus 1 Enclosure 2) is faulted. Servers may have lost access to disk drives in this enclosure.

Recommended Action :                  Contact your service provider.

Event Code :      0x740a”

812 Posts

April 26th, 2013 02:00

There is one hard disk failure which may need replacement. You may open a service request with EMC (support.emc.com) and the CE will replace the drive if required.

April 26th, 2013 07:00

Also upload fresh SP Collects to the Service Request for the engineers to reviewing them..…

And try opening live chat it’s fast and easy….

Regards,

Suman Pinnamaneni

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 26th, 2013 09:00

When in doubt,

1. Please run spcollects on spa, spb

2. Open a Service request via chat, phone call (support.emc.com)

3. Attach the spcollects to the Service Request and request that the logs be analyzed

Additionally, if you are comfortable, please run  a command using naviseccli:

naviseccli -h spipaddress getcrus

1 Message

April 9th, 2014 22:00

Dear all

Could you help to update the status on this case, as we have same error code and trying to fix

8.6K Posts

April 10th, 2014 04:00

Hi,

this is a community forum – for updates on a service request please contact customer service.

6 Posts

June 20th, 2014 08:00

Umerhamid,

I would try to powercycle that DAE and see if the fault light occurs.  It may be a disk or power supply issue.  I have seen this before because I am a former EMC CE.

No Events found!