Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2012 04:00

Replication Manager & MirrorView

Hi There,

I am looking for design assistance. The solution will have a VNX 5300 Unified at a Production site and one at a DR site. The Production 5300 will host VMFS Volumes and CIFS. MirrorView A/Sync will be responsible for replicating the VMFS volumes between the two SANs over IP, and there is 20% for reserved LUNs, in a separate RG. FAST will also be used.

My question is around Replication Manager. How will RM fit into the solution in practice? I have read a lot of RM and MirrorView docs and I need to fully understand what RM will do for me in.

Can RM actually call on MirrorView to initiate replication? Before the replication kicks off, it flushes SQL and Exchange Servers and then takes kicks off replication??

Thanks

25 Posts

July 16th, 2012 06:00

hi,

thanks for taking the time. I don't see any mention of MirrorView A/Sync and it seems to rely on Snap View.

433 Posts

July 16th, 2012 06:00

Yes, the RM would actually call on MV to initiate Replication. This link would brief out the same to you as in how : http://www.emc.com/collateral/software/data-sheet/h2306-clariion-rep-snap-ds.pdf

Have a look,

Thanks

Rupal Rajwar

No Events found!