Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2015 14:00

Replication solution between EMC VNX and Netapp NAS

Folks,

Looking for a replication solution between EMC VNX and Netapp NAS .

I hope Recover Point Works, is there any other solution apart from this.

8.6K Posts

August 19th, 2015 02:00

RP covers block (FC) but not file (NFS/CIFS)

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

August 19th, 2015 02:00

Is the end goal a migration to VNX from NetApp, or is this for DR ? Which is the target/source ?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

August 19th, 2015 20:00

interesting, you first posted a thread looking for solutions to migrate from VNX to NetApp. You have since deleted that post (and my reply) and now asking for "replication" solution.  Yeahhhhh.

35 Posts

August 20th, 2015 09:00

Hello Dynamox,

Yes, that was part of plan till yesterday and not now. Migrating to EMC would be final plan. If you think you can provide an answer, you can try or else request you to not post any unnecessary statements.

August 20th, 2015 12:00

You mention RecoverPoint which is a block replication, but also specify NetApp NAS.  Can you provide any details?  Is this block or file you are replicating, and if it's file, some details there too - what NAS protocals are you using?

By replication, is this a continuous replication, a one time deal, once per day -- what is your RPO.  Local within a data center, long distance, what's the pipe size, do you have a budget, etc

There are many options out there, it depends on what you're trying to do.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

August 20th, 2015 15:00

PrakashCSC wrote:

Hello Dynamox,

Yes, that was part of plan till yesterday and not now. Migrating to EMC would be final plan. If you think you can provide an answer, you can try or else request you to not post any unnecessary statements.

i would like to hear that final plan, maybe i can help ?

17 Posts

August 21st, 2015 09:00

For CIFS file migration.   EMC put out a good white paper for Isilon but a lot of the information applies to file migration in general and the tools like emcopy and robocopy.    Do a search on support.emc.com and find the latest copy of

"SMB FILE MIGRATION TO EMC ISILON"    that is if CIFS shares are involved in your project.

No Events found!