Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2011 01:00

VNXe 3100 hardware VSS provider for Data Protection Manager 2010?

Hi all!

I've been trying to figure out if the VNXe 3100 has a hardware VSS provider that is compatible with Microsoft Data Protecion Manager 2010 but as I'm new to EMC storage I'm guessing that I'm looking in the wrong places.

Can anyone in here help me sort this out?

Thanks!

19 Posts

October 24th, 2011 08:00

A VSS provider is available for the VNXe. You can get either the 64 or 32-bit versions on the Downloads page. Click on the "Downloads" icon on the Support page in Unisphere to get the list of downloadable software. The VSS providers are near the bottom the list as "Volume Shadow Service (VSS - Windows 32-bit)" or "Volume Shadow Service (VSS - Windows 64-bit)".

19 Posts

October 27th, 2011 06:00

These kits are on the web. You can navigate there from either Unisphere or from Powerlink but here is the URL to the downloads page for VNXe (you will need to log in with your support credentials to get to this page). Scroll to the bottom of the screen and you'll see the VSS kits (64- and 32-bit versions)

https://supportbeta.emc.com/downloads/downloads_search.htm?productId=436033&name=VNXe&type=3&contentID=8864

October 27th, 2011 06:00

Well, I can't locate "Unisphere" anywhere (but I'm guessing that it's part of the product and not found on the web) but as long as there's a VSS provider I'm all set.

Thanks!

No Events found!