Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 7th, 2011 08:00

VNXe3100 - Syslog Server

Has anyone gotten the Syslog server part fo the VNXe3100 to work yet? We have a syslog server here and i have all the settings set in the VNXe3100 but i am not getting anything to the syslog server from it. Just wondering if others are having this problem or just me!

Thanks

70 Posts

March 27th, 2012 05:00

Some of the issues with syslog server ie "Remote logging" has been fixed in the latest code ie 2.2.0 which has ben released 2 weeks ago, please have the code upgraded to it and let us know if it is working.

Note : I would recommend to open a service request with support so as it will help us to keep track of the issue.

Regards

Shivanand

March 27th, 2012 11:00

Yea after upgrading to the 2.2 software this started working correctly.

Only down side is knowing which Facility to pick. I havent found any good info that tells you what type of information each facility will send...i would like to get everything but "Everything" isnt an option. Is there any documentation that will give you an idea of what type of information each Facility will send to the SysLog server?

19 Posts

March 28th, 2012 05:00

The same information is sent on all facilities. The Facility selection is really for your use on the server side (for filtering or redirect to different logs, etc. on the server side).

Mark

No Events found!