Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 1st, 2012 14:00

filesystem mount cmd shows option as MIXED intead of accesspolicy=mixed

Hi all,

does anybody knows the difference of two options bellow ?

system 1
[root@SCS200 ~]#  server_mount server_5 |grep -i ARQTRANSF
APL_CIFS_NFS_ARQTRANSF on /APL_CIFS_NFS_ARQTRANSF uxfs,perm,rw,accesspolicy=MIXED

system 2
[root@DCS200 ~]# server_mount server_4 |grep -i ARQTRANSF
SM_SFS205_APL_CIFS_NFS_ARQTRANSF on /SM_SFS205_APL_CIFS_NFS_ARQTRANSF uxfs,perm,rw,mixed

Thanks in advance

Marcos

674 Posts

August 1st, 2012 22:00

There is no syntax check for the options of server_mount.

The system2 output is the consequence of a missing accesspolicy= in the mount options of the original server_mount command

So in order to get the output for your system2, you need to issue a server_mount command like:

$ server_mount server_4 -o mixed SM_SFS205_APL_CIFS_NFS_ARQTRANSF /SM_SFS205_APL_CIFS_NFS_ARQTRANSF

The difference is,

for system1 it is:

server_mount server_5 -o accesspolicy=MIXED APL_CIFS_NFS_ARQTRANSF ...

for system2:

server_mount server_4 -o mixed SM_SFS205_APL_CIFS_NFS_ARQTRANSF ...

Because of the missing syntax check, you can put anything behind the -option parameter.

I do not think FS SM_SFS205_APL_CIFS_NFS_ARQTRANSF is using accesspolicy=mixed, but is using NATIVE(default)

13 Posts

August 2nd, 2012 05:00

Hi Peter,

thanks for your answer. You are correct ... since there is not an option called "mixed" the option was ignored. Last night I simulated in our LAB with same result.

We can umount with -p option and re-mount with accesspolicy=mixed. Is there anything more to do after mount with accesspolicy=mixed? Do we need run anything to convert this FS from native to mixed mode ?

Thanks for you correct answer!!

Marcos

674 Posts

August 2nd, 2012 21:00

There is nothing which needs to get converted.

And there is also no need for unmounting the fs.

In order the correct the mount options, follow emc246374 (-ignore switch in server_mount)

No Events found!