Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 18th, 2014 00:00

"Cannot add Unisphere central server to the domain. Verify that domain is working and try again"

Hi All,

IHAC getting the above error when he attempts to add both / either SPs in the Storage Wizard in Unisphere Central.   He installed OS-Unisphere_CentralV35-3.5.0.21649 on his windows server and this server is pingable & getagent outputs fine from CS0.   He is able to add SPs in the Storage Wizard for other VNX on a different subnet (10.1.x.x)

BLOCK OE code is 7.33.2 and FILE OE code is 8.1.51.2.    Customer is not using multidomain in storages, every storage has only its own local domain.

He tried latest Firefox (which i downloaded a few minutes ago - Firefox Setup Stub 30.0) and IE9 on one machine and IE11 on another machine.  JRE versions tried are 1.6 and 1.7.

He has confirmed that his firewall is not blocking port 443 (a suggestion from docu38414_Unisphere-Central-Installation-Guide) ==> it is transferring packets ok...

I found no entries in the logs at the time issue was reproduced.  Nor could I find any known issues apart from port 443 / 80 which is currently open as customer says it is transferring packets successfully.  Any more suggestions welcome.

91 Posts

June 23rd, 2014 05:00

Hi,

There seems to be some issues with Java version. I suggest you to open a live chat with EMC support for further assistance.

Jithin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 23rd, 2014 06:00

JRE versions tried are 1.6 and 1.7.  These are suppoted levels.

8 Posts

July 17th, 2014 08:00

any update to this issue ? I run into the same situation. Unable to add the VNX with the same error "Cannot add Unisphere central server to the domain. Verify that domain is working and try again".

perhaps it must some other ports be open from the VNX to the Unisphere central to be able to add the central server to the domain but there is not guide available....

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 18th, 2014 07:00

VNX Arrays have to be on the same LAN / Subnet, No NAT support

see page 11 of docu39892_Unisphere-Central-3.5-Release-Notes.pdf

<https://support.emc.com/docu39892_Unisphere-Central-3.5-Release-Notes.pdf?language=en_US>

Unisphere Central cannot monitor VNXe and VNX Block systems behind NAT. Unisphere Central uses the physical IP to communicate with the VNXe or VNX system (including joining the VNX domain) and does not have access to the public IP since Unisphere Central is not behind NAT.

8 Posts

July 22nd, 2014 09:00

NAT is not supported. VNX arrays and Unisphere Central Server don't need to be on the same LAN/Subnet.

Since Unisphere Central is registering to the VNX domain as an VNX off-array device there need ports be opened thorugh both direction between the both systems.

As we started with opening port 443 from Unisphere Central server to the VNX system we got the error "Cannot add Unisphere central server to the domain. Verify that domain is working and try again".

After opening the ports mention on primus 174206 https://support.emc.com/kb/174206 from the VNX to the Unisphere Central server we were able to add the VNX systems to the Unisphere Central Server.

This is only required if there is firewall between both systems. I'm sure that not all ports are required but it is nowhere well documented which ports are really needed. I assume that just opening port 443 through both direction will do the same.

No Events found!