Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 8th, 2015 18:00

Do we need to develop some plugin for ViPR even already has the SP for SRM

I am not very clear about concept below:

Pre-condition:

3rd party array has been already supported by the EMC ViPR SRM through SolutionPack.

Now I am going to integrate ViPR SRM with ViPR Controller though SolutionPack for ViPR.

So my question is , do I need to develop the plugin of my array for ViPR Controller through ViPR API? Thanks.

474 Posts

March 11th, 2015 08:00

JohnnyHH,

ViPR Controller has an independent support matrix and discovery mechanism from ViPR SRM.  If, as you mentioned, your array is supported by ViPR SRM but not in the ViPR Controller Support Matrix, then first you should check if the 3rdParty/Cinder plug in will work for your array..  If the array is not supported by Cinder, then you would need to develop a custom driver..  Writing a driver against the Cinder API would likely be the easiest way to do that.

Richard J Anderson

26 Posts

March 8th, 2015 18:00

I will put the additional question to above original,

If I need to develop the plugin of ViPR Controller for my specify array, Is the API open for anyone who wants? Thanks.

3 Posts

March 10th, 2015 06:00

Hi Johnny, yes the API is open.  If you send me your contact info: michelle.scardino@emc.com I can have someone from the Development team give you a call or send you more info.  Plus you can check out EMC code, code.emc.com

10 Posts

March 10th, 2015 06:00

Hello,

From your note you have a third party array the has a SolutionPack within the ViPR SRM product. Have you looked at the ViPR Support Matrix? If the Array is supported in the Matrix than there should be no need to do development to make them work together.

Check out the latest support matrix here.

https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-38014

Rich

26 Posts

March 11th, 2015 00:00

Hello Rich,

Thanks. I will make it clear. My array is supported by ViPR SRM through the  SolutionPack for my array, I know if I want to integrate the ViPR SRM with ViPR Controller, I need to install SolutionPack for ViPR.   And my array is NOT listed in ViPR Support Matrix which you point out, This document actually means only ViPR Controller Support Matrix. So in this situation, do I need to develop something like plugin to make the server detect my array in ViPR Controller environment?

For my information, I know ViPR Controller can detect the 3rd party array through VPLEX, OpenStack Cinder. Thanks.

No Events found!