Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2017 02:00

Update MIB for Netapp in ViPR SRM

We are discovering C-Mode Netapp Filers in ViPR SRM.  I am attempting to create some custom alerting for SNMP traps and noticed the MIB installed with the Netapp solution pack is v2.2 and a new MIB v2.4.2 is available from Netapp for CDOT v8.3.2. Can you just replace the existing MIB on the PBE to this new version by copying to the /opt/APG/Alert-Consolidation/conf/netapp.mib?

I would assume after replacing the MIB the netapp-alert-trap-rules.xml would have to be updated to reflect the new OID and add any new OID dependent rules for new alerts.

Thanks

120 Posts

May 10th, 2017 08:00

Hi LCS:

You could try bringing the new MIB over( save the old on). First though, i would compare the 2 mibs ,If the OIDs are new or changed, you would need to modify the alert consolidation xml's for the new OID's.

Thanks

Tim

20 Posts

May 16th, 2017 03:00

Tim,   What would be the best way to do the compare?   I used Wireshark, but I do not see the OIDs in either MIB.  I guess i am missing something here, 

Thanks

Lisa

141 Posts

May 16th, 2017 06:00

Hi Lisa,

A quick and easy way could be to run a diff on the mib's to see what's the difference between both. Hopefully 2.4.2 only added new branches for CDOT which would make things a bit easier however if the entire mib was modified then updating the rules and config would be more challenging.

regards,

Isaka

20 Posts

May 16th, 2017 06:00

Isaka,

Is there a free tool or something within SRM that would allow me to run the diff or just run the compare as I did in Wireshark?  Is there a tool that will show me the OIDs - are those visible in the MIB?

Thanks

Lisa

141 Posts

May 17th, 2017 12:00

Hi Lisa,

You can use diff or vimdiff on linux host or notepadd++ and the compare plugin on window.

Regards,

Isaka

20 Posts

May 22nd, 2017 06:00

Thanks  - I used notepad++ and was able to decern that only new entries for cdot were added to the more current mib.

Also - loading the netapp.mib in the SRM mib browser allowed the OIDs to be easily visible for each trap.

No Events found!