Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 2nd, 2008 22:00

Antivirus 2009

I have a malware infectin Antivirus 2009 that keeps me from be able to use my Internet Explorer. I can use Firefox. I've run ewido micro and only found 2 infections. Below is my hijack this log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:41:06 PM, on 7/2/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\BellSouthBrowser.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Research - {037C7B8A-151A-49E6-BAED-CC05FCB50328} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsrc.dll
O2 - BHO: ALOT Toolbar - {5AA2BA46-9913-4dc7-9620-69AB0FA17AE7} - C:\Program Files\alot\bin\alot.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ALOT Toolbar - {5AA2BA46-9913-4dc7-9620-69AB0FA17AE7} - C:\Program Files\alot\bin\alot.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AnyDVD] C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBDVR Server] "C:\Program Files\WISECOMM DVRSERVER\USBDVRM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MotiveReportAgent] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciBootStrapper.exe" /url="-url=file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\ReportAgent.html" /browsertype=CustomMSIE /browserpath="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\BellSouthBrowser.exe" /hidden
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ieupdate] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieupdates.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {149E45D8-163E-4189-86FC-45022AB2B6C9} (SpinTop DRM Control) - file://C:\Program Files\Monopoly\Images\stg_drm.ocx
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) - http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=19588
O16 - DPF: {CC450D71-CC90-424C-8638-1F2DBAC87A54} (ArmHelper Control) - file://C:\Program Files\Monopoly\Images\armhelper.ocx
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://l.yimg.com/cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/250.1.mv/popup-2007-11-14-1500/skins/1301797.jpg

--
End of file - 4065 bytes

20.5K Posts

July 3rd, 2008 00:00

Welcome. Thank you for using Dell Community Forums.
I am reviewing your log.
In the meantime, you can help me by doing the following:

* Have you have posted this issue on another forum? If so, please provide a link to the topic.

* If you are using any cracked software, please remove it.
Definition of cracked software:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_cracking

* If you are using any P2P (file sharing) programs, please remove them before we clean your computer. That includes torrents.
The nature of such software and the high incidence of malware in files downloaded with them is counter productive to restoring your PC to a healthy state. If you have music files in those programs' folders that you want to save, please move those music files to another directory.
A list of P2P's is here: http://www.castlecops.com/t204179-P2P_programs_we_ask_that_you_remove_first.html

* If this computer belongs to someone else, do you have authority to apply the fixes we will use?

* Have you already fixed entries using HijackThis? If so, please restore all the backups and then post another log.

* After we begin working, please print or copy all instructions to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out procedures.
Please follow all instructions in sequence. Do not, on your own, install/re-install any programs or run any fixes or scanners that you have not been instructed to use because this may cause conflicts with the tools that I am using.

* During the course of our cleanup please do not do any online work or surfing until we have verified that your system is clean.

* We may be using some specialized tools during our fix. Certain embedded files that are part of legitimate programs or specialized fix tools such as process.exe, restart.exe, SmiUpdate.exe, reboot.exe, ws2fix.exe, prcviewer.exe and nircmd.exe may at times be detected by some anti-virus/anti-malware scanners as a "RiskTool", "Hacking tool", "Potentially unwanted tool", or even "malware (virus/trojan)" when that is not the case.
Such programs have legitimate uses in contexts where an authorized user or administrator has knowingly installed it. These detections do not necessarily mean the file is malware or a bad program. It means it has the potential for being misused by others. Anti-virus scanners cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert you or even automatically remove them.

* If your replies do not fit in one post while we are handling your issue, please reply to yourself until all text is submitted. It may take several posts.

I look forward to your reply.

Instructions posted for this user are customized for this user only. The tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections. If you think you have similar problems, please post a HijackThis log at the top of this board to start a new forum topic.

July 3rd, 2008 12:00

I have read and complied with instructions. When I try to use IE, I am redirected to a site to install AntiVirus2009. I cannot use IE but am able to use Firefox. I appreciate any assistance available. Thank you.

20.5K Posts

July 3rd, 2008 15:00

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main choose: Select All
    Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
  • Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All Click the Empty Selected button.
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
  • Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All Click the Empty Selected button.
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Please download to your desktop Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Notes)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the entire report into your next reply. Also include a fresh HijackThis log.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process; if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

If you encounter this message:
"c:\program files\malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
Unable to register the dll/ocx: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x5"
Click on ignore mbamext.dll

37 Posts

August 2nd, 2008 23:00

I have Vista (hate it). What should I do with that?

20.5K Posts

August 3rd, 2008 00:00

dana, you have posted on the Hijackthis Board. If you have a virus problem please see the announcement at the top of this forum with information for posting a log. You will need to start your own topic requesting assistance.

If you have a general Vista question, please post on the Vista Board. Thanks.
No Events found!