Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2013 11:00

Don't buy your McAfee software from Dell

I bought a 3-year subscription for McAfee Security Center from Dell at the same time I bought my Inspiron laptop.  I also have another Dell laptop that I got about a year ago.  When I bought that older laptop I also purchased a 1-year subscription to McAfee Security Center.  The I-year subscription on the older laptop is getting ready to expire.  Rather than renew the subscription at a cost of about $70, I wanted to just add a license to the 3-year subscription that I bought for my new laptop.

I called McAfee and was told that to add a license to my 3-year subscription would only cost $15 per year, versus renewing the 1-year subscription for $70.  I was on the phone with McAfee customer service and technical support for over an hour - only to find out that because I bought my McAfee subscriptions from Dell, I could NOT just add a license.  So - if you have more than one computer, bottom line is this:

DO NOT BUY McAFEE FROM DELL

Buy it directly from McAfee - then you can just add a license if you need it.  Its MUCH cheaper to do it that way. 

8.8K Posts

April 8th, 2013 18:00

Or better yet, don't use McAfee at all.
Norton and McAfee have become nothing much more than resource hogs.

Microsoft Security Essentials is a FREE excellent Virus Protection program.

Looking to spend money on one, Eset Nod32 is an excellent one.

I have been running MSE for years now and have been infection free.  Of course, I always say, the best virus protector is YOU and using your common sense.

No Events found!