Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 12th, 2008 22:00

Free Anti Spam

Can anyone recommend free anti spam software. Specifically an anti spam software program that will detect and reject messages without a subject.

Dimension 8250  Windows XP SP2

Sherr

Message Edited by Sherr on 05-12-2008 07:55 PM

20.5K Posts

May 13th, 2008 00:00

MailWasher: Configure it to delete spam without subject line.

459 Posts

May 13th, 2008 13:00

When I open Outlook Express I just click on the outlook express icon on my desktop to receive all my E-Mail. I downloaded Mailwasher. During Mailwasher setup it requires the Verizon DSL password  and user ID that I defined two years ago when I switched to DSL. After an hour talking to Verizon support in India they declined to tell me what my password is as I have no record of it. Verizon support told me to go through the process of setting up the account again. Something that I am reluctant to go through as everything now works fine. So now I can't use Mailwasher as it requires the password. It won't accept just ant password.

Sherr

20.5K Posts

May 13th, 2008 18:00

You're right. MailWasher, and probably other spam filters, need your password in order to access your mail on the server.

Have you tried setting up Message Rules in Outlook Express?

459 Posts

May 14th, 2008 12:00

I looked at Message Rules. I didn't see anything that would screen NO SUBJECT messages. I tried to enter a new rule but encountered problems. How can I enter a new rule? thanks for the help.

Sherr

20.5K Posts

May 14th, 2008 13:00

You could try (no subject) in the rule for "Where subject line contains specific words" but unless you know what the body might contain and can narrow it down, you might have all mail with (no subject) deleted -- including that from friends. I have not used Message Rules in several years because MailWasher allows me to be more specific. Perhaps someone who uses OE Message Rules will reply here with a better suggestion.
Some info here:
http://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm

http://www.oeupdates.com/outlook-express-message-rules-block-spam.html

Message Edited by Bugbatter on 05-14-2008 11:01 AM
No Events found!