Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2005 16:00

Keep getting a message from Norton Anti Virus

Hello, I`m new to these boards, just stumbled across them by chance,  Hoping you can help.  As you will realise I am OK at pressing buttons if everything is going OK but when I have a problem need loads of help!!

Since yesterday everytime I open word I keep getting the message `Norton Anti Virus 2005 does not surrport the repair feature.  Please uninstall and reinstall`,

Don`t know what it means and what I am meant to do.  Thanks.

1 Message

October 29th, 2005 03:00

I've been getting the same message for the last 3 days.  Norton has been otherwise misbehaving, but the only thing different, was that I deleted AOL and had a freeze-up.

I'd like to know what the message means as well.

298 Posts

October 29th, 2005 04:00

Howdy
This means you have joined the ranks of those afflicted by Nortons buggy bloatware.
Here's a link to Symantecs support page about error messages
If you have trouble removing Symantecs aka Norton's  problematic files, here a link to their removal tool
If you type Norton's into the search feature of this forum, you will find many many posts on this subject.
To be fair, there are users having no trouble with Norton, & there are many having trouble with McAuffie, also.
If you do a forum search or just read the many posts with Nortons in the title, you can find out what people are
using instead of Nortons. Such as AVG, Zonealarm, which is what I now use, Nod32, etc.
I was a big fan of Norton's untill I started using Nortons 2005, at which point I got the same error message, &
then it went down hill from there.
EDIT- When I  was getting these error messages, Symantecs knowledge base said " It was conflicts with either word or word perfect"
Bob

Message Edited by bob350 on 10-28-2005 11:12 PM

2 Posts

October 29th, 2005 15:00

Glad I am not alone!! thanks.   As I`ve only got 3 months of Norton was thinking about looking round before deciding what to do.  McAfee I think! or AVC or something like that (is that the free one ?) ran that on my last computer and it was OK, just the  computer that was past it.
No Events found!