Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 25th, 2012 04:00

{MOVED}Can't Remove Mcafee From New Dell, Windows 7 - Christmas Day Problem!

Hi

My daughter has new Dell laptop with a pre-installed trial version of Mcafee which we want to remove.  However, when we try under programs/uninstall, the remove option is greyed out so I am unable to click it to start the removal.  We have wasted hours on forums looking for a solution.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Bern

7 Posts

Hi Chinmay - Already tried that.  I am going to try and complete it in safe mode to see if that works.  I will be back.

Thanks

1.8K Posts

Hi Bern,

You can use Mcafee removal tool to uninstall Mcafee from your computer. Link to download and use Mcafee Removal Tool is: http://mcpr.notlong.com 

Save the file -- > Right click and run as administrator -- > Follow the prompts on screen to uninstall mcafee.

Please reply for further clarifications. 

1.8K Posts

December 26th, 2012 07:00

Hi Bern,

Take your time and keep me posted with details. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 31st, 2012 09:00

Hi Bern,

Were you able to get your problem resolved?

1 Message

January 7th, 2013 12:00

I have a dell desktop all-in-one and removed mine easily...now parts of my computer are failing ie..the network drivers have quit working..spent all morning on the phone with dell and they didn't help at all could possibly be the fact that he barely spoke English and I knew more about computers than he did...so I restored my computer to an earlier date and voila everything works again! My theory is they have it so embedded in your computer so you have no choice but to use it!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 7th, 2013 15:00

I feel your pain, Angel174. After uninstalling McAfee a couple of months back, I was left with a system that would randomly lockup. Spent a lot of time troubleshooting the problem, but finally gave up and reinstalled Windows.

If your network drivers are the only problem after uninstalling McAfee, have your tried reinstalling them?

I think I remember some time back, one of the forum regulars here also experiencing similar trouble with network drivers after uninstalling McAfee. I'll try to contact them. Edit: It seems both issues were unrelated.

Alternatively, you also could try McAfee's Forums, or contact McAfee Technical Support. You can do this by Instant Chat, Email or Phone. The service is FREE of charge. 

http://service.mcafee.com/default.aspx

No Events found!