Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2004 15:00

McAfee Updates

I have been unable to get any RELIABLE help from Dell Support re: updating the installed McAfee Anti-Virus Program. When I go to the McAfee site, I'm told I can NOT perform the requested definition upgrade. However, Dell confirms that my subscription is active thru 31 Mar 04. Unfortunately, ALL my emails to them have resulted in NO action, only further frustration. This, of course, is causing me to have little faith is Dell & their affiliate, McAfee.

Perhaps someone has experienced this problem, & has a solution ??

Many Thanks for your assistance,

M. Kohut

426 Posts

March 2nd, 2004 15:00

McAfee is not an affiliate of Dell.  No one at Dell can accurately tell you how long your subscription is active.  If someone gave you that date, then they were merely using the invoice date to calculate 90 days.

When you first activated your computer, you completed a registration form for McAfee.  It either transferred it at the completion (if you had an internet connection at the time) or upon your first access to the net.  McAfee then sent you a confirmation email with a link to use to confirm the registration process.  If you did not use that, then you will not be able to get updates because the registration is not completed.  If you didn't accurately provide an email address or you didn't get an response email, then you must call McAfee to resolve the problem.  Dell cannot do anything to do that for you other than provide a phone number.

6 Posts

March 2nd, 2004 23:00

Thanks so much 4 the info, I learned a lot !!

NCMickey

6 Posts

Thanks very much 4 the info...

NCMickey

579 Posts

Have you tried the Mcafee forum site similiar to thie Dell forum??? You must sign up, free but thet have some good tech there.

But then BBLACK's suggestions should have been done right away or you will may have trouble even talking to anyone !

No Events found!