Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2017 09:00

Security software

I have Dell Inspiron 15R purchased in 2011, now running Windows 10.  It came with McAfee "Security Center" pre-installed.  I have been upgrading it since 2012 and am now running version 16.0.3.   I don't remember, but I suppose I've been paying for each of the upgrades to "Security Center" since the original install was only good for about 15 months.

I notice that McAfee no longer lists "Security Center" as an available product.  I called McAfee and they recommended upgrading to "Livesafe".  It's not clear to me if or when McAfee will stop supporting "Security Center".  I did note that a single license of  'Livesafe' can be used on multiple platforms, whereas "Security Center" requires a separate license for each platform.

Does the community have a recommendation concerning use of  "Security Center" versus "Livesafe"?

2 Posts

November 8th, 2017 10:00

Thanks so much to the Dell Community for the generous outpouring of support to my question.  There were 2,723 responses in favor of 'Security Center', and 2,957 in favor of 'Livesafe'.  So I have decided to go with the majority and load Livesafe.

Again, thanks to the community for the excellent support!!  I look forward to more excellent support the next time I have a substantive technical issue.

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

November 8th, 2017 18:00

Hi Geras:

It is unfortunate that you received no replies to your question. You should however be aware that almost all the responses in these forums come from users like me (not Dell employees) who volunteer their time and experience. My sense is that few if any of the regulars hereabouts use McAfee security products anymore. You asked a very specific question regarding an old/new product comparison that nobody (including me) felt qualified to answer.

If you had asked for opinions on McAfee security products in general, you would almost certainly have received responses.

Good luck with Livesafe.

No Events found!