Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2004 23:00

SpyBot Innoculate?

I've been successfully using Spybot and AdAware on my Dell 4600 with XP SP2 recently installed with no issues as yet.  I notice that when I do a Spybot scan and delete culprits they all return by the time I do the next scan.  I believe the SpyBot Innoculate function is designed to prevent these and other apps from loading up in the first place.  Is this correct?  Has anyone had any problems with the innoculation feature?

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

October 23rd, 2004 00:00

Hi:

If you are referring to the "immunize" feature of Spybot, it operates much like SpywareBlaster to prevent
the installation of activeX objects from bad sites. I have had no problems with it.

What specific "culprits" are showing up again? If one is the DSO Exploit, this is a bug in Spybot you can ignore.

October 23rd, 2004 00:00

Oops, I do mean "immunize," not innoculate.  I know the DSO Exploit is to be ignored, but the next time I do a SpyBot scan and if any of the usual suspects reappear, I'll make a post on this thread.  In the meantime, I'll probably go ahead and activate the immunize feature just for added protection.  Thanks for the quick reply.
No Events found!