Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2005 13:00

Trojan Vundo

I have a trojan vundo virus on a computer that I purchased in July. Nothing I do will remove it! it says it has, but then it always pops up, and doesnt close when I try to close it. PLEASE HELP!

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

November 1st, 2005 14:00

3 Posts

November 1st, 2005 21:00

Thanks. Im not sure I understand though. Is there a program that I need to buy? If so, which one and where can I get it? If not, where can i find this file, and what is VirtumundoBeGone.exe ? Is that part of a program or software package?

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

November 1st, 2005 23:00

all programs we're talking about [HiJackThis, Atribune/VundoFix] are FREE... you just have to download them.   If you carefully read and follow all the steps [and links] in the thread i listed above [and I realize it looks like a long process], everything is listed there.

VirtumundoBeGone is another/alternative [free] approach to solving trojan Vundo problems.  it has the advantage that it's VERY simple to use.  
be advised that VirtumundoBeGone was written by an individual person, and not officially "tested" by [McAfee or any other] company.  
this is NOT to imply that VirtumundoBeGone is "bad"... only that we're still hoping that it receives some official type of "endorsement" before i recommend it here.  
but i've seen many people use it successfully.

if you find "my" directions too complicated for you, and wish to opt for virtumundoBeGone instead, you can download it from here:

Click Save- Desktop- Save
* Close all running programs (including your Internet Browser)
* Double-click VirtumundoBeGone.exe on the desktop
* Click Run if asked
* Click Start
* Click Yes

please be advised that this will generate a "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH"... this is an expected/necessary part of the process, so don't be surprised when it happens.  just reboot if your system "jams"

VirtumundoBeGone generates a "log" file of its own... if you run the program, please copy/paste the log back here.

No Events found!