Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2004 17:00

Uninstalling McAfee(Dell Security Center by McAfee w/VirusScan, Firewall and Privacy, 90 day(Product code: MCAFE90)?

1)What is the correct proceedure, to completely "Uninstall" McAfee(Dell Security Center by McAfee w/VirusScan, Firewall and Privacy, 90 day(Product code:  MCAFE90)that came on my new Dell computer?

2)Please explain each of the steps necessary, to "Successfully" uninstall, everything included in the McAfee group(As indicated in question #1 above)?

Message Edited by 442geek on 01-20-2004 01:15 PM

14 Posts

January 27th, 2004 06:00

442geek,

Like you, I am also planning to completely uninstall the McAfee Dell Security Center, 90 day that came with my new Inspiron 8500 pc. I shall be grateful if anybody could kindly explain how to unstall it or direct me to any website/other sources where I can find information necessary for the unstall. I checked out the previous posts on this topic. They have referred to Dell Removal Instructions in the following website  but I could not find the command, "Uninstall McAfee.com Security Center" after clicking on Start->All Programs->McAfee from Taskbar. The Dell Knowledge Base recommends against using Control panel Add/Remove Programs to unstall McAfee. So under the circumstances, I shall highly appreciate if anybody could post some information on how else to remove McAfee Dell Security Center. Thank you in advance for your time!

Hi guys,

This is just to let everybody know that I had no problem uninstalling Dell McAfee SecurityCenter. Here are the steps that I followed. I first shut down the security center by going to the taskbar and then the red box with a white M inside it and then clicking on it with the mouse right button and then clicking on exit. Then I went to Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove programs and removed first of all, McAfee Virus Scan, followed by McAfee Personal Firewall Plus and finally I removed the McAfee SecurityCenter. If any of you have other McAfee products like Privacy Service etc., you will have to remove it first before you remove the McAfee Security Center. Then I restarted my pc. Then I installed the McAfee Virus Scan 8.0 and Personal Firewall Plus 5.0 bundle from their CD's that I bought recently.

Message Edited by arjun_ca on 02-02-2004 04:37 PM

No Events found!