Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

December 5th, 2003 14:00

What is Spybod SD?

I've installed Ad-Aware.  What do I get more with Spybod SD?

Thanks in advance.

3.9K Posts

From my website - link below - malware section, you can find a link to a tutorial for spybot S&D.

127 Posts

One may pick up what the other does not. Be sure to do a restart inbetween.

38 Posts

Spybod = Spybot

38 Posts

December 5th, 2003 16:00

CNET review of Spybot -

http://reviews.cnet.com/Spybot_Search_and_Destroy/4505-3514_7-20848563-2.html?tag=subnav

"Before starting, there's a legal disclaimer that says if you remove advertising robots (or spybots) from your computer with Spybot, you may not be able to continue using the host program. Chances are, if you download a freeware product, the end-user license agreement says that you agree to the advertising placed on your computer as a result. Removing it with Spybot may make the freeware unusable. Although the two products do basically the same thing, this disclaimer is missing from Ad-aware. "

Does that mean that Spybot installs an advertising robot?  Or that removing advertising robots using Spybot, may make some OTHER free software unusable?

Thanks!

3.9K Posts

December 5th, 2003 17:00

Does that mean that Spybot installs an advertising robot?  Or that removing advertising robots using Spybot, may make some OTHER free software unusable?

It means the latter. Spybot removes spyware/adware/malware sometimes the program that installed it will not work. IE KaZaA comes loaded with spyware, remove all and KaZaA may not work.

No Events found!