Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

April 15th, 2005 00:00

Will Mcafee and Norton anti-virus programs conflict with each other?

A couple of years ago we had Mcafee on another computer and then uninstalled it and installed a purchased version of Norton. Obviously the Mcafee did not uninstall completely and the two programs did not want to play well with each other.

Please read my other posts below and see if you would be willing to add anymore to any posts that may have been made. One poster suggested downloading Norton Symantec,but we already have the Mcafee and don't want to get yelled at for messing up the computer if the two programs will conflict with each other and possibly crash our new computer.  :smileysurprised:

TYIA                                                           Ohsoconfused

Message Edited by ohsoconfused on 04-14-2005 08:46 PM

428 Posts

April 15th, 2005 14:00

Not a good idea to have two anti-virus programs installed on the same computer--it does cause problems. You will need to uninstall one of them before putting on the other. If you think that you cannot properly uninstall the McAfee, you can get more information on how to do this on the McAfee website--go to support or help. Personally, I have been using McAfee for several years and think it's fine. I did have Norton a while back but it didn't seem any better than McAfee.

Ken
No Events found!