Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2006 10:00

gamespy.arcade

I installed FEAR yesterday and to play online it asks you if you want to install Gamespy.Arcade.Well NIS2006 tells me it's adware and i should remove it.I told it to exclude from search.Anybody else has this problem?

591 Posts

January 2nd, 2006 16:00

You do not need Gamespy Arcade to run multiplayer in FEAR. Gamespy arcade is not spyware and will not harm your computer. After installing Gamespy just run Ad Aware or a similar product and it will remove any components recognized as potential spyware. After the removal process, Gamespy will run fine.

88 Posts

January 2nd, 2006 21:00

Well i've ran all my spyware programs(5)and neither find Gamespy.Arcade as spyware,just Norton,i'm just going to leave it alone,i don't want norton deleting any files because it claims it's spyware.

591 Posts

January 3rd, 2006 10:00

Norton will not delete the file when scanned.  It simply advises you of the possible threat because Gamespy has an automatic executable file used to ck updates.    

88 Posts

January 3rd, 2006 11:00

Well like i said i'm just going to ignore it,off the subject,i have the same GPU as you ,are you overclocking your already overclocked card,are there any extra pipes to unlock,and what are your temps. idle and right after gaming?

Message Edited by becho on 12-08-2005 07:47 AM

No Events found!