Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

1 Message

January 24th, 2021 03:00

Dell Vostro 3500 BIOS update A10 installation failure

I've recently tried updating the BIOS on my Dell Vostro 3500 to the latest version, A10, and have had two failures on two different motherboards at exactly the same point i.e. whilst deleting the existing BIOS. The programme appears to work initially but the screen goes blank and the processor fan runs at maximum speed. The laptop then is totally unresponsive and can only be shutdown by removing the battery! 

The update was downloaded direct from the Dell site and run through Windows 10 Home 32-Bit. I've updated the BIOS on scores of machines in the past and this is the first time I've experienced any sort of failure. Am I doing something wrong or is the actual recommended BIOS update from Dell the problem?

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

January 24th, 2021 08:00

Welcome to the Dell Community @wildphil56 

Have you tried this method???

Create a bootable USB drive using “Rufus”

https://rufus.ie/

Copy the BIOS update to the bootable USB drive you just created..

Insert USB drive, power-on and start tapping the “ F12 “ key.

Boot from USB and run the BIOS update.

After reboot test and post any results.

Best regards,

U2

NOTE:

Must have a battery with at least 10% charge!!!

1 Message

November 12th, 2021 01:00

i had the same problem, we are not only one, all the person that upgrade firmware on old DELL PC they get broken BIOS, if you call the support they will say you need to buy new computer... Take care and dont upgrade BIOS on a old DELL if you dont want to put your PC on trash.... it's shameful!!!

No Events found!